Sponsored

Are the wheels swappable between JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator?

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 30519

I found a good deal on a silver gladiator 6spd sport for 35k. I'm planning on swapping my Moto metal 17s w/ 35" Duratracs over to it and putting the gladiator tires on my 18 Wrangler JL to sell. Can anyone confirm of this would be a perfect swap with lug pattern the same ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Grats!! Yes it’ll be the same.
Thanks! The only difference is the gladiator wheels are black steel when the the JL had the alloys. I think the the dark steel ones might actually look better on the black JL. I never liked the shiney look on all black.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
They are different wheels because the JT had to have wheels that could accomodate a 6250lb gvwr, 7650lb in towing, and combined 12,500lb weight. That was in an article from one of Jeep’s engineers I believe.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I found a good deal on a silver gladiator 6spd sport for 35k. I'm planning on swapping my Moto metal 17s w/ 35" Duratracs over to it and putting the gladiator tires on my 18 Wrangler JL to sell. Can anyone confirm of this would be a perfect swap with lug pattern the same ?
I got my Rubicon JL wheels on ebay

20200312_124709a800.jpg

Sponsored

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
They are different wheels because the JT had to have wheels that could accomodate a 6250lb gvwr, 7650lb in towing, and combined 12,500lb weight. That was in an article from one of Jeep’s engineers I believe.
If you will notice he is swapping on aftermarket wheels like thousands have down without issue..

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

Yeah but I still have to move the JT wheels to JL before I trade the JL in so that was my main concern .
Sponsored