Artec Industries Skids - Exhaust Contact

LzyHkr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. I Installed some Artec Industries skids and am experiencing rattling between the exhaust and oil pan skid. The exhaust pipe touches the skid on both sides of the skid and the bottom of skid on passenger side where it exits skid. I couldn't find install suggestions or issues here so searched the JL forum. Some suggestions were to add washers between skid bracket and motor mount to push the skid down about 1/4", file the skid opening where the exhaust passes through so it doesn't touch, or flatten exhaust pipe. The oil pan skid doesn't attach to the motor mounts the same way as the JL. I could add washers to the passenger side since it attaches under the motor mount; however, the drivers side bracket sits on top of the motor mount.

Another popular option is to file the oil pan skid so it doesn't contact the exhaust pipe. I could do this on both vertical contact points and the passenger side bottom contact point. My concern is that filing the vertical flange areas will thin the skid and cause issues where two other parts attach to the oil pan skid. I am also concerned with filing the bottom side of flange because it will expose more of the exhaust pipe. The other option was to flatten the exhaust at the contact points.

For those who have installed the Artec skids I am curious if you had issues with the oil plan skid making contact with the exhaust. If you have what did you do to stop the rattle.
Sponsored