Sponsored

Australia to be second largest Gladiator market

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet Silver Gladiator
Went and had a look today just had a white Rubicon, these things really do look awesome in person.

Said he honestly had no details on pricing or Aus specs yet, I said it's a shame we're not being given the info as they are showing these US spec Gladiators around the country and if its not what we're getting customers will be pissed. He agreed and I mentioned I'd heard $80k for a Rubicon he said he really hoped not but given the price of the JL it seems like it could be..

4726E363-083C-4619-B369-3894A5ADA533_1_201_a.jpeg

33ED3C8A-9E5F-42CA-B31B-ACC742ABFA00_1_201_a.jpeg
Sponsored

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the dealer say if there had been much interest in the Gladiator? Are people aware of it?

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
Seem to be, he also showed on the side what the “packs” will be eg adventure, safety etc... what colours. Can’t fault the honesty at the dealer. I openly stated my concern at lack of space for dual battery, ramp over, and surprise that they weren’t targeting a competitor.... he did play the lifestyle card... and I openly laughed. I know 100% he sold one... was hearing 3 or 4 depending on salesman. It’s also going to be drip feed model to dealerships... not saturate with stock

Daniel-J

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Freelancer
So far, not much information. Why the dealer hasn't provided all the data I don't understand.

Sponsored

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seem to be, he also showed on the side what the “packs” will be eg adventure, safety etc... what colours. Can’t fault the honesty at the dealer. I openly stated my concern at lack of space for dual battery, ramp over, and surprise that they weren’t targeting a competitor.... he did play the lifestyle card... and I openly laughed. I know 100% he sold one... was hearing 3 or 4 depending on salesman. It’s also going to be drip feed model to dealerships... not saturate with stock
Yeah, its true they are playing the lifestyle card and only dual cab with a removable top, I laughed as we sat in it with the A/C cranked and outside temp was 42Âş
He said he had two pre-orders and was getting three in, couple of rubicons and a launch edition, said good luck with the launch edition if its 90 grand.
No BS from him though was nice, said its a tough call if its priced in the same range as a Ram 1500 and Ranger Raptor....

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
I'll be more interested what these guys have in Feb, they've had some good exclusives in the past.

DF22DE5C-C09E-4500-8655-1E8A0EB87157.jpeg

Any news on where to find the info from DBO?

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any news on where to find the info from DBO?
That was just on their FB page, there's been nothing else put up other than see you at Brighton Jeep for the reveal.
Brighton Jeep just had a short video where they revealed the incredible new ( US model ) Jeep Gladiator.;)

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
That was just on their FB page, there's been nothing else put up other than see you at Brighton Jeep for the reveal.
Brighton Jeep just had a short video where they revealed the incredible new ( US model ) Jeep Gladiator.;)
So nothing!
:angry::angry::angry:

Sponsored

Gumidaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From Double Black Offroad this morning......

@fca_group will release details of the gladiator specs for our market on the 2nd of March. At the moment what we’re hearing isn’t good. Hope their listening to the criticisms and are willing to change. Here is a repost of what we thought back on the 10th of November after spending 2 weeks with it....

The moral of "The Goose that Laid the Golden Eggs" is provided at the end of the story. The final line reads: "Those who have plenty want more and so lose all they have."
Jeep is the golden goose and Jeep Australia is it’s eggs.
The Jeep JT Gladiator has certainly lived up to my expectations. This amazing Ute ticks all the right boxes: looks cool, can go topless, haul a load, be economical, be the family truck, has an awesome interior with great functionality and finally, be a weapon off road. No other Ute in Australia can simply do this. Having driven this over 2000kms both on and Offroad has been amazing.
@jeepaustralia has this market to itself and this is their new Hero Vehicle of the Jeep range.
If and only If, Jeep Australia price this right, and has the same specs as the US models, in particular the Rubicon with the real Dana 44 axles, high top fenders and 33s it will sell in volumes.
Stuff it up like they have the JL, and they will struggle to sell. JL is overpriced and under spec in contrast to the US, and hopefully Jeep Australia have learnt from this.
Not only here in Australia, but stateside too, both the JL and JT Gladiator are considered expensive and the public aren’t buying.
So over to you Jeep Australia, your opportunity to make an impact on this market is golden, don’t get greedy, give us what we want at the right price point because IF you get this wrong, Jeep in Australia may not be around in 5 years time. This is how critical this is!

Get it right, and you have a market such as the tradie, the family truck, the mining sector, the tourist operators, the farmers and of course the off roaders with no viable opposition to compete with. #goongetoutthere #jeeprubicon #instagood #photographer #jeeplife #wranglerjk #jeepworld #jeeps #jeepcrazy #jeepbeef #jeepaddiction #jeepbuild #jeepsofinstagram #selfie #jeepnation #dbor #jeep #jkwrangler

Woga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty, big Merc, VW Touareg Punkn gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Ski bum
Could you define, in A$, “If and only If, Jeep Australia price this right”

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
From Double Black Offroad this morning......

@fca_group will release details of the gladiator specs for our market on the 2nd of March. At the moment what we’re hearing isn’t good. Hope their listening to the criticisms and are willing to change. Get it right, and you have a market such as the tradie, the family truck, the mining sector, the tourist operators, the farmers and of course the off roaders with no viable opposition to compete with. #goongetoutthere #jeeprubicon #instagood #photographer #jeeplife #wranglerjk #jeepworld #jeeps #jeepcrazy #jeepbeef #jeepaddiction #jeepbuild #jeepsofinstagram #selfie #jeepnation #dbor #jeep #jkwrangler
Where did you pick this nugget up?