Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
23’ Diesel Rubicon Sarge Green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know of a way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto headlight sensor? I have a vector e-dock which blocks a ton of light going to the sensor. This results in my headlights turning on and off depending on which direction I'm heading. I have a tazer, but I don't see a way of adjusting the sensitivity through the Tazer. I reached out to zautomotive but haven't heard back.

SOLVED
Update:
Used JSCAN to adjust values for Auto Headlamp Threshold ON and OFF to the following:

ON: 3.6 -> 4.5
OFF: 2.8 -> 3.6

So far these values work perfectly. Headlights turn on and back off right when you'd expect them to. Very happy with the results. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
wildtaco

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
wildtaco

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I like having my headlights on all the time. My Sting Gray color blends in so well and folks seem to pull out in front of me when the headlights are off. I keep the switch on AUTO and have found a simple, cheap “adjuster” to keep them on. Seriously….. I’m serious, it works great. The first photo is OFF, the second is ON. Just a simple bottle cap.

Jeep Gladiator Auto Headlight Sensor Sensitivity Adjustment SOLVED B08EAE13-61B1-4234-9665-D9500B6BCACA

Jeep Gladiator Auto Headlight Sensor Sensitivity Adjustment SOLVED F4ACAFC7-96D1-4118-8F62-909409B2D0F1

OP
OP
wildtaco

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I’d prefer to have my drls on during the day without having to manually switch between the two.
For your situation, the tazer can actually change the drl to the headlights.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
JSCAN. It's about all you can do.
If you add a filter, it's going to come on sooner because it will think it's darker outside.
There's nothing much else you can do. It's a software setting.
JSCAN or AlfaOBD.

Doubtful tazer will see that added - it's not something many at all will want to mess with.
You need to make changes, you need the right tools to do it. There's not always a shortcut for things.

And this is exactly why I watch what I put on my dash, and where.
I've had a duck turn my lights on before.

First time my lights came on during a really hot sunny, totally cloudless day around noon, I had taken my hat off because it was getting hot.......... and guess where I tossed my hat.
Yeah, took a few minutes to figure out what the heck was wrong with my headlights!
Geesh. I sure felt silly.

Anyway, this is why I chose software tools for what I do and need.

OP
OP
wildtaco

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I’ll need to do some reading on jscan. Do you know if I can use it in conjunction with my tazer?

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
I generally just turn the headlights on unless it’s pitch black out. Otherwise. they’ll constantly turn on and off if I pass under trees, change direction, etc. Literally the shittiest auto headlights I’ve ever used, but then again…the headlights themselves (standard ones) are only marginally better than a shitty motorcycles headlight.

OP
OP
wildtaco

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I generally just turn the headlights on unless it’s pitch black out. Otherwise. they’ll constantly turn on and off if I pass under trees, change direction, etc. Literally the shittiest auto headlights I’ve ever used, but then again…the headlights themselves (standard ones) are only marginally better than a shitty motorcycles headlight.
Manually operating headlights on a $70k+ truck is not an option for me. lol

JaayyyeeeE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Advisor
You can use JSCAN to adjust sensitivity tho it only gives you 3 modes. AlfaOBD is also another option and allows for more fine tuning, as you can set the specific voltage set points for on/off. Hope that helps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wildtaco

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
JSCAN. It's about all you can do.
If you add a filter, it's going to come on sooner because it will think it's darker outside.
There's nothing much else you can do. It's a software setting.
JSCAN or AlfaOBD.

Doubtful tazer will see that added - it's not something many at all will want to mess with.
You need to make changes, you need the right tools to do it. There's not always a shortcut for things.

And this is exactly why I watch what I put on my dash, and where.
I've had a duck turn my lights on before.

First time my lights came on during a really hot sunny, totally cloudless day around noon, I had taken my hat off because it was getting hot.......... and guess where I tossed my hat.
Yeah, took a few minutes to figure out what the heck was wrong with my headlights!
Geesh. I sure felt silly.

Anyway, this is why I chose software tools for what I do and need.
I did some digging. From what I gathered, it's fine to use both Tazer and JSCAN. I ordered the SGW bypass cable and a Vlinker MC+. I'll give it a shot next week once the Vlinker comes in.

You can use JSCAN to adjust sensitivity tho it only gives you 3 modes. AlfaOBD is also another option and allows for more fine tuning, as you can set the specific voltage set points for on/off. Hope that helps.
Check post #9 in the link I posted on post #2 above. It appears JSCAN has the option to set specific voltage as well. Hoping it actually works. 🤞

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
I did some digging. From what I gathered, it's fine to use both Tazer and JSCAN. I ordered the SGW bypass cable and a Vlinker MC+. I'll give it a shot next week once the Vlinker comes in.
Return the bypass cable. You don't need to use it if your Tazer is plugged in. Plug the Vlinker straight into the OBDII port.

OP
OP
wildtaco

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Return the bypass cable. You don't need to use it if your Tazer is plugged in. Plug the Vlinker straight into the OBDII port.
Thanks, I'll try that.

OP
OP
wildtaco

wildtaco

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Update: Used JSCAN to adjust values for Auto Headlamp Threshold ON and OFF to the following:

ON: 3.6 -> 4.5
OFF: 2.8 -> 3.6

So far these values work perfectly. Headlights turn on and back off right when you'd expect them to. Very happy with the results. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored