First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
I have had my Gladiator for 3 1/2 months and its amazing. 2 1/2 months ago I put a 2 1/2" rough country lift on it with 305 tires. Everything was going great until two weeks ago when I got my jscan tool and changed the tire size in the computer. I also turned off auto start/stop. That same day right after turning it on the light comes on for "service auto start/stop." When I turn the truck off the light goes away. Upon tuning back on and driving a few miles light comes back on. After this auto start/start no longer works and the back-up camera doesn't work. Am I crazy? Are the two related? Thoughts? anyone run into this? Dealer says its all because the tire size isn't programmed correctly.
Sponsored

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Shot gun trouble shooting, and a wild ass guess. Check for other falt codes, missfires anything. If that's ok then take your jscan return start/stop to normal. If still happens load check the 2nd battey and see if it's good. Really I have no clue, but it's place to start. Good luck.

OP
OP
Fawkes

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
Total BS. Did the programming go OK?
So far the code has not come back. We will see how it goes in the coming days. I thought it was BS too. The truck did have a rough idle but for now that is gone as well. So maybe it just didn’t take take when I did it. I will keep you informed

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
As TroutFishingInAmerica mentioned above, might check for any pending CEL fault codes in case something else is going on.
Also, a few members on this forum have had a bad auto start/stop secondary battery causing the service auto start/stop light to come on like yours is doing. A load test would reveal that.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
As TroutFishingInAmerica mentioned above, might check for any pending CEL fault codes in case something else is going on.
Also, a few members on this forum have had a bad auto start/stop secondary battery causing the service auto start/stop light to come on like yours is doing. A load test would reveal that.

Agree with the battery being the issue most of the time for this. However it has not just been a few, there have been a lot. Even more posts on FB groups about it. I had the same thing, except my truck wouldn't start at all and needed to be jumped. After getting the aux battery replaced twice I threw it in the ocean and got the genesis dual battery kit. Haven't had the issue since.

OP
OP
Fawkes

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
Agree with the battery being the issue most of the time for this. However it has not just been a few, there have been a lot. Even more posts on FB groups about it. I had the same thing, except my truck wouldn't start at all and needed to be jumped. After getting the aux battery replaced twice I threw it in the ocean and got the genesis dual battery kit. Haven't had the issue since.
I completely agree and told the service guy that it could be the secondary battery. He said the evidence they had pointed to the computer not being programmed. He said they needed to eliminate that for $125. We will see if that was the issue I suppose. I will keep everyone informed

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Everything was going great until two weeks ago when I got my jscan tool and changed the tire size in the computer. I also turned off auto start/stop. That same day right after turning it on the light comes on for "service auto start/stop."

I'm not real big on coincidence. I would think they're related.

Sponsored

CMFINC

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR 1976 CJ5 2010 Raptor 89 F-150 4X
Occupation
DISABLED CARPENTER
Vehicle Showcase
i had dealer do tire program when i took it in for steering box change. everything was good in till i got home back into my drive way back up camera never came on. though HMMMM mat be flashing new steering box codes and tire size code may be changed settings, cheeked settings everything should work. get out manual look up thinking im missing something. everything seems right cheek back up again and it works. next day i get the start stop not available than it go off. turn off jeep than go someplace again and back on again, start stop not available need service. dealer said may be battery. take it back they run a cheek on battery s alls good. cheek computer alls good. they go to bring it back to me and get the start stop light. after like 2 hours the got a computer fault code. long story short.. the problem has to do with shifter position censer. something to do with coding manual trans gladiators tire size.. had to re-teach computer what gear it in speed program and on an on. than everything works fine now.

Gvsskier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Manual with Magnuson SC, 4:56, 2” lift, and 35”
Occupation
Business
i had dealer do tire program when i took it in for steering box change. everything was good in till i got home back into my drive way back up camera never came on. though HMMMM mat be flashing new steering box codes and tire size code may be changed settings, cheeked settings everything should work. get out manual look up thinking im missing something. everything seems right cheek back up again and it works. next day i get the start stop not available than it go off. turn off jeep than go someplace again and back on again, start stop not available need service. dealer said may be battery. take it back they run a cheek on battery s alls good. cheek computer alls good. they go to bring it back to me and get the start stop light. after like 2 hours the got a computer fault code. long story short.. the problem has to do with shifter position censer. something to do with coding manual trans gladiators tire size.. had to re-teach computer what gear it in speed program and on an on. than everything works fine now.
This is very similar to my Start/Stop Not Available and back up camera not working in 4H, 4L and occasionally in 2H after its been driven. my JT is a manual Sport S with following mods: Magnuson Supercharger, 4:56 final drive gears, 35” tires, mid muffler, resonator removed Thrush muffler installed OEM tail resonator still on.
Sponsored