Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
So why is it so hard to find aux battery. I have had this error before but when I take it into the dealer it magically would not come on. And the dealer would just say if it comes on and stays on bring it it. Well now im at 42000 miles and guess what does not go off now. And got godes p1495 p1496 airbag service, seatbelt not buckled. I have not removed any seats no wires are cut. Doors have not come off this year yet. And now 400 miles from home and doing a battery swap at the campground at bantam. Yay. Tried the bypass and no good their wither
Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
If you think you have a bad aux battery causing other problems, you can just unplug it's ground cable from the main battery negative terminal. The next attempt to start will fail and the ESS error light will turn on, but after that you'll be running on the main battery only.

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
So why is it so hard to find aux battery. I have had this error before but when I take it into the dealer it magically would not come on. And the dealer would just say if it comes on and stays on bring it it. Well now im at 42000 miles and guess what does not go off now. And got godes p1495 p1496 airbag service, seatbelt not buckled. I have not removed any seats no wires are cut. Doors have not come off this year yet. And now 400 miles from home and doing a battery swap at the campground at bantam. Yay. Tried the bypass and no good their wither
Save yourself the aggravation and disconnect the aux neg cable. Deal with the battery when you get home. I replaced both batteries about 500 miles ago. Bought the biggest main batt that o’relies sells and the only aux battery that they offered. Still kept getting start stop errors until I reset the battery currant sensor. All has been good for about 1k miles.
I’ll be at the bantam event Friday and Saturday. Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

OP
OP

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
You only disconnect the negative? Not the n1 and jump n1 to n2? I might hit you up. I dont even want thw aux battery but in thw and I just dont need the chime

Sponsored

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
You only disconnect the negative? Not the n1 and jump n1 to n2? I might hit you up. I dont even want thw aux battery but in thw and I just dont need the chime
The using the N1 to N2 jumper prevents the ESS error condition. In an emergency you can just disconnect the negative and live with the error light.

OP
OP

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
How did things go? Did you end up doing the swap at the campground?

OP
OP

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker
Vehicle Showcase
Nope came back home. Hoping foe some time to pop out the aux. And hoping it's that. So will upgrade batteries then the fuse bar next if that does not work.

It's just weird that the dtc does not match the service errors

Sponsored

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Nope came back home. Hoping foe some time to pop out the aux. And hoping it's that. So will upgrade batteries then the fuse bar next if that does not work.

It's just weird that the dtc does not match the service errors
I’m sorry to hear that. Not sure how you plan on getting to the aux batt, but I went through the wheel well and found it to be very easy.
Good luck. I hope you get it resolved.

OP
OP

Roguesalt

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thought Provoker