Awe exhaust

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone have any videos of the awe exhaust after its had a thousand or so miles on it and broken in? I have heard that it mellows out. I can’t decide between the awe or afe’s Mach force exhaust. I can get the afe for 552 and the awe trail for 750 after shipping.

The awe is made out of t304l while the afe is made of 409 stainless. I imagine the awe would with stand the elements better.
Any opinions?
Sponsored

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Honestly it’s really hard to gauge it from videos. To me it sounds significantly louder/ more aggressive on my JT than it does in videos.

In terms of mellowing out - I’ve got 1000 miles on it now. Where it mellowed out was in regards to some initial drone largely on the freeway. At this point I no longer notice any drone, but it’s largely as loud as it was originally in all others areas.

Not surprisingly it is by far most loud under acceleration. You can definitely freak out a pedestrian with it. I would’ve preferred that acceleration sound level to be a bit deeper but it is a V6 and not a V8. Sounds deeper at start up and idle though.

You can’t beat the quality, looks and fit of the AWE exhaust IMHO. I’ve got the dual exhaust setup. Overall I’m happy with it, but it’s definitely on the aggressive side.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Honestly it’s really hard to gauge it from videos. To me it sounds significantly louder/ more aggressive on my JT than it does in videos.

In terms of mellowing out - I’ve got 1000 miles on it now. Where it mellowed out was in regards to some initial drone largely on the freeway. At this point I no longer notice any drone, but it’s largely as loud as it was originally in all others areas.

Not surprisingly it is by far most loud under acceleration. You can definitely freak out a pedestrian with it. I would’ve preferred that acceleration sound level to be a bit deeper but it is a V6 and not a V8. Sounds deeper at start up and idle though.

You can’t beat the quality, looks and fit of the AWE exhaust IMHO. I’ve got the dual exhaust setup. Overall I’m happy with it, but it’s definitely on the aggressive side.
Yeah now I’m stumped with what I want lol. I’m fine with how loud it will be, but don’t want it excessively loud with my kids/wife. Just a little more grunt. I really wish I could hear one in person. I have heard from a couple people that the videos don’t do it justice for the awe.

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Yeah it was a tough decision for me too. The good thing about the AWE exhaust is that the startup shouldn’t wake the wife or neighbors. You can also control the loudness pretty well with the throttle when you’ve got the family in your JT.

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah it was a tough decision for me too. The good thing about the AWE exhaust is that the startup shouldn’t wake the wife or neighbors. You can control the loudness pretty well with the throttle.
Overall though you’re happy with the sound and tone though?

Sponsored

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Overall though you’re happy with the sound and tone though?
I’m very happy with the start up and idle. It’s definitely a bit louder cruising but no drone at least.

The sound and tone under heavy acceleration is honestly very aggressive. Maybe I’m just getting old😀. It’s got a slightly higher pitched tone.
I’ll see if I can try to record the heavy acceleration sound over the weekend. We’ll see if I can represent it accurately.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I’m very happy with the start up and idle. It’s definitely a bit louder cruising but no drone at least.

The sound and tone under heavy acceleration is honestly more aggressive than it needs to be. Maybe I’m just getting old😀. If it was deeper I probably would like it more but it’s a raspier / higher pitched tone.
I’ll see if I can try to record the heavy acceleration sound for you this weekend to see if I can get the video to represent the sound properly.
Awesome sounds good! Thanks!

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I made 2 sound clips under acceleration - windows down and windows up. Hopefully it gives you an idea. Now that I focused on it more it does sound like it mellowed down a bit under acceleration too.
That sounded real good! Doesn’t sound raspy like some of the exhausts do for the jts. I’m not a fan of the sound that Borla or corsa puts out. But that sounds good! And I believe you said you have the dual set up. Do you have the conversion pipe for the trail edition?

TNBob2021

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Oscar Mike
Occupation
RN
Love my awe
Only on 500 miles... each day it sounds better and better.

I will say, its a 6 cyl and not 8. It'll never sound like one. But it is by far the best sounding one I've heard.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Love my awe
Only on 500 miles... each day it sounds better and better.

I will say, its a 6 cyl and not 8. It'll never sound like one. But it is by far the best sounding one I've heard.
Which version do you have? Single, dual, or trail?

Mojave2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
That sounded real good! Doesn’t sound raspy like some of the exhausts do for the jts. I’m not a fan of the sound that Borla or corsa puts out. But that sounds good! And I believe you said you have the dual set up. Do you have the conversion pipe for the trail edition?
Yes it’s the dual setup. I haven’t purchased the conversion pipe yet.

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
I just installed the trail. Honestly don’t think it’s too aggressive at all, especially at startup. I wouldn’t be shocked if I didn’t tell my wife that she may not even catch on for a while.

OP
OP
Jglad15

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I just installed the trail. Honestly don’t think it’s too aggressive at all, especially at startup. I wouldn’t be shocked if I didn’t tell my wife that she may not even catch on for a while.
How do you like the initial tone and sound of it? I feel videos on YouTube don’t do it justice. The clips that @Mojave2021 posted sound awesome and to me don’t sound like the YouTube videos I have seen.
Sponsored