Sponsored

Baja Design LP6 question

FISCH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR, 2021 Jeep JTR (on-order)
Occupation
HVAC Tech
I want to add some aux lighting to my front bumper and have been eyeing the Amber driving LP6. I want these lights for off road and back up when snow and ice may build up on my factory LED headlights. So my question is, are these lights too bright on low beam in adverse conditions to run on road and not absolutely blind everyone else?
Sponsored

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Yes. Way way way too bright to run on road, even on low beam. Absolutely awesome off road though.

microboby

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon , TJ Rubicom , Tesla X
I got them but only wired the hi beams , waiting on that VOswitch to complete the proper wiring modes . Here’s how they look

35BBAD59-117B-432D-8CC2-E0FC25690D12.jpeg

OP
OP
FISCH

FISCH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC Tech
Yes. Way way way too bright to run on road, even on low beam. Absolutely awesome off road though.
Dang. That was my concern. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
FISCH

FISCH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC Tech
I got them but only wired the hi beams , waiting on that VOswitch to complete the proper wiring modes . Here’s how they look

Jeep Gladiator Baja Design LP6 question 35BBAD59-117B-432D-8CC2-E0FC25690D12
Very nice setup. I may still end up with these but I really want something for on road performance as well.

Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Very nice setup. I may still end up with these but I really want something for on road performance as well.
You should check out the LP4's then as they have lower lumens, or the squadron sports.

I have LP4's arriving in the next week I am hooking up for this exact reason you mentioned originally. I think when it is that bad snowing where you need these, it won't blind anyone as no one can see a damn thing anyway lol.

I'll try my best to remember to post here once they are hooked up to give my thoughts on them.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
for those with the Lp6 or 9 and the aux switches, what are you doing as far as wiring? I'm a bit nervous about being able to turn on the lo and hi at the same time. is there anyway to have say Aux1 as the main switch and then tie the light into my high beam stalk to switch to it's high beam? Or is there a simpler solution?

OP
OP
FISCH

FISCH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HVAC Tech
You should check out the LP4's then as they have lower lumens, or the squadron sports.

I have LP4's arriving in the next week I am hooking up for this exact reason you mentioned originally. I think when it is that bad snowing where you need these, it won't blind anyone as no one can see a damn thing anyway lol.

I'll try my best to remember to post here once they are hooked up to give my thoughts on them.
Awesome. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cianalas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport MaxTow
for those with the Lp6 or 9 and the aux switches, what are you doing as far as wiring? I'm a bit nervous about being able to turn on the lo and hi at the same time. is there anyway to have say Aux1 as the main switch and then tie the light into my high beam stalk to switch to it's high beam? Or is there a simpler solution?
I think This harness they sell does that.

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
I think This harness they sell does that.
I thought that too but I I wanted to connect them to the high beam switch, shouldn’t I take power from the battery and then a relay to the power on from the high beams? I hate to burn two aux switches for one set of lights. I may get these first and do just that. Then see if additional light is needed. I’m mainly looking for all purpose light for when I get lost in the woods.

Sponsored

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
I used that harness then chopped it up to fit the gladiator as the headlight leads are way too long and I wanted to use the aux switches. I used Aux 1 for power and Aux 3 to toggle between hi/lo beam using the relay. The amber backlighting was tied into the main power feed.

microboby

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon , TJ Rubicom , Tesla X
Curious if you had room to still mount a winch on that?
Prob I would but don’t Intend too . I have a warn on my TJ Rubicon and have never used it so it’s like $1k sitting pretty on the bumper . Not doing that again :)

tcramer11

First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Cayenne

So how did the Lp4s turn out? I want street legal like you- any pics?

tcramer11

First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Cayenne
Prob I would but don’t Intend too . I have a warn on my TJ Rubicon and have never used it so it’s like $1k sitting pretty on the bumper . Not doing that again :)
One last question- I am thinking of same mopar winch and light position as you have. I will go for LP4s. No problem fitting your LP6s in that slot? Before I saw your pic I didnt think there was room. No regrets with that mounting position vs putting on the winch bar? THanks
Sponsored