First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 TJ. ‘07 JKU. ‘09 JKUR. Now a ‘21 JTRD
Occupation
HVACR Service
That's assuming your salesperson knows Jeeps. Mine was a Dodge truck guy, didn't know a damned thing about Jeeps.

I agree. We definitely know more about Jeep then most of the sales people. They will tell you the wrong information about tow ratings, payload, gear ratios. In their defense they need to know about more then just the JL and JT.
Sponsored

DavdZ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2016 Ural 2008 Mercury Mariner
They are supposed to go over all that at the dealer before leaving with it. You can download the manual.
When I bought about 2 months ago they wouldn't go over much because everyone is a germaphob

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
That's assuming your salesperson knows Jeeps. Mine was a Dodge truck guy, didn't know a damned thing about Jeeps.
For the most part Salesman are clueless and the biggest problem is they won't admit they don't know and just invent something, you should of seen the different answers I got about what and how to use the rubber pcs when you take off the hard top.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
For the most part Salesman are clueless and the biggest problem is they won't admit they don't know and just invent something, you should of seen the different answers I got about what and how to use the rubber pcs when you take off the hard top.
My salesman was a young fellow. I had never owned a jeep before so I was asking a lot of questions. I couldn't see the oil filter so I laid on the linoleum floor and slid under. Still couldn't find it. So I asked him and he got under it too, he couldn't find it either. I was beginning to doubt what little intelligence I have. So he went in the back and fetched a mechanic who showed us it's location. How convenient it is to get to. (Between that and putting a Fumoto oil drain valve on you'll never get your hands dirty.)
He also had difficulty to questions I had about the options but at that time they hadn't sold a Gladiator (May of 2019) but he found out.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
My salesman was a young fellow. I had never owned a jeep before so I was asking a lot of questions. I couldn't see the oil filter so I laid on the linoleum floor and slid under. Still couldn't find it. So I asked him and he got under it too, he couldn't find it either. I was beginning to doubt what little intelligence I have. So he went in the back and fetched a mechanic who showed us it's location. How convenient it is to get to. (Between that and putting a Fumoto oil drain valve on you'll never get your hands dirty.)
He also had difficulty to questions I had about the options but at that time they hadn't sold a Gladiator (May of 2019) but he found out.
The problem I had, was the saleswoman I bought from was pretty knowledgeable and honest about not know things about a new vehicle, but she had been through a Jeep training about the Gladiator and there was little she had to find out about, but she had surgery right after I bought and was on leave when it came in so when I had questions I was getting thrown to who ever was available, and they seemed to be idiots.

Reactions: KVJ

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
It's an issue I have with salesmen at car dealerships in general. They have like 12 different cars probably max .... to me they should know everything they can about each.... they should be on forums like this learning details.... be a professional expert.

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I basically tone out sales. Some are just rambling and pull information out of a lower orifice on the spot. Before buying a vehicle I obsessively research it for weeks or months. I've looked into problems, powertrain, options, built exactly what I want and located it on your lot. Not to be a dick but please just shut up and let me look at and drive it. I do appreciate they seem to just give me the option to go through the electronics instead of forcing it on me like they used to.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
My salesman was a young fellow new to the business. I walked in and said" I'm going to make this easy for you. I want to factory order and I know exactly what I want. I want it for dealer invoice and when it arrives I'll pick it up. No trade in and no finance." he said OK.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
I did basically the same thing but told him I wanted 5% under invoice. Got that minus another $500 military discount.
Sponsored