Sponsored

Sport (Not S) ordered days before Max Tow not an option. Questions for basic Sport owners.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
That cheap crappy instrument cluster shouldn’t even be a thing on the Sport and Sport S though, all trims should have the improved instrument cluster as standard not an upgraded option.
Sponsored

Fundamental Jeepster

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
retired
Love my JT. Manual door locks, windows. Traded a '16 Wrangler 2-door in on it. Just put a new set of Cooper RWL on the Wrangler and really like the look of the 5 spoke alloys so that was part of the deal, wheel swap. Not a black steelie fan. Have had it almost 2 years and all I've had to do to it was change oil. Also installed Rubicon rock rails, shorty antenna, cargo mat, Dee-Zee tailgate cover and Mopar air deflector which is not in this picture.

Jeep Gladiator Sport (Not S) ordered days before Max Tow not an option. Questions for basic Sport owners. Gladiator 4.JPG

OP
OP
Willys2Gladiator

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
That cheap crappy instrument cluster shouldn’t even be a thing on the Sport and Sport S though, all trims should have the improved instrument cluster as standard not an upgraded option.
Love the dash. It was that and the manual hand cranks that sucked me in. Real gauges rather than the didital crap all the cars are going to. Hell yeah!!!!
To each their own. Don't like it, don't buy it!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Love the dash. It was that and the manual hand cranks that sucked me in. Real gauges rather than the didital crap all the cars are going to. Hell yeah!!!!
To each their own. Don't like it, don't buy it!
Less electrical issues to worry about.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
1.) Never again. Ever. I had a base Sport Wrangler and it'll never happen again. What a pain. Having to reach around the B-pillar to lock/unlock the doors? Having to use the key to lock/unlock the tailgate? Having to stop and pull over when the young child wants the window down a little? Nope... that was fine in 1985. There is zero point in that for 2020. And since manual everything is so rare, parts for those will be harder to find and more expensive in the future. Not to mention, good luck if you ever try to resell it.

4.) The steel wheels are more narrow at 7.0" and they are heavier at around 30 lbs. each. Also, the paint will eventually start to flake off of them if you live in a harsh climate.
I wouldn't buy a sport unless I planned on leaving it unlocked (except for the bed) all the time and driving it until it's ready for the scrapyard or mentally writing off the entire purchase price of the truck the moment you get it.
Rear manual door with kids is gonna drive you nuts and finding the right buyer for your truck when you're done will take a dog's age. I'm buying a mojave manual and I already know that I'm go na have to sell it private party in 8-10 years when I'm done with it and that will take a while.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I'm buying a mojave manual and I already know that I'm go na have to sell it private party in 8-10 years when I'm done with it and that will take a while.
Might be easier being a Mojave, but that sounds like a fun dune truck.

OP
OP
Willys2Gladiator

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't buy a sport unless I planned on leaving it unlocked (except for the bed) all the time and driving it until it's ready for the scrapyard or mentally writing off the entire purchase price of the truck the moment you get it.
Rear manual door with kids is gonna drive you nuts and finding the right buyer for your truck when you're done will take a dog's age. I'm buying a mojave manual and I already know that I'm go na have to sell it private party in 8-10 years when I'm done with it and that will take a while.
I buy for me and my use. Never concerned about what the next guy might want.
I'm also one of those guys who never sells anything. So not much to worry about. My kids have that to deal with when they enherit everything when I'm gone.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Might be easier being a Mojave, but that sounds like a fun dune truck.
might be if i ever get it out there. I really only want it for general overlanding, but when you break down the price of a willys w/ 8.4 vs a mojave or rubicon, it's peanuts to upgrade the trim level.
Sponsored