Sponsored

Any max tow owners regret not getting a rubicon?

Davekayc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel
Occupation
Roadbuilder
Sway bar disconnect is great for trails that have your wife and kids hitting their heads off the side windows. Smooths it out instantly.
Sponsored

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, I bought a JKU mountain edition for 22,000 with 19,000 miles on it in 2012. Built it as good as or maybe better than I could of bought a Rubicon for. Added lockers that I probably never used. Only thing I did t do was 4.10 gears which I should of done instead of the lockers. The JT Max tow has 4.10 gears and wide track axles and can tow more. If I need lockers I can do that for under $1800. Don't need none of the creature comforts. The cheapest Rubi was $49,000 sticker and mine was $37,000 out the door. I would of removed bumpers and lifted it so those things would of been a waste and I can do quick disconnects on mine for the sway bars, don't need electric sway bar disconnects. I added Rubicon springs to my front and Rubi fox shocks for $290. Tires would of came off and the wheels because not a fan of the Rubi Wheels and I'm.not running anything under 35's. For $40,000 all in mine is sitting like this. For another $1800 I'd basically have a Rubicon other than electric Sway bar Discos, so I'm loving not buying a Rubicon

PXL_20201219_123525410.jpg
are those the factory fog lights you have in that bumper? did you have to modify the brackets at all? im curious as I have that same bumper and will be installing next month. Much appreciated.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
are those the factory fog lights you have in that bumper? did you have to modify the brackets at all? im curious as I have that same bumper and will be installing next month. Much appreciated.
Yes factory fog lights and no modification required

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Sway bar disconnect is great for trails that have your wife and kids hitting their heads off the side windows. Smooths it out instantly.
I need to put some on my truck but I just can't decide which one's to go with (LOL)

Davekayc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel
Occupation
Roadbuilder
Maybe you can get a rubi one and put a manual knob on it. My brother turned his dodge into a power wagon with axels and sway from the wreckers . Was an ordeal to figure out how the wires work to connect toggle switches . He can manually switch the axels and sway but theres no safety on it. Before he figured that out he had a manual deal that allowed him to reach under and activate it.
Sponsored