Beach camping

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
Hey everyone. Not sure if im posting in the right spot on here. Im looking to take the JT beach camping. I cant really find anywhere in the NJ, DE, MD, area that allows beach camping other than campsites which i really dont want to do. does anyone know of any spots?
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Assateague island MD / Chincoteague Island Va is good (same place, two names).

Last edited:

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
No where I know of in NJ or Delaware, check Island Beach State park in Jersey, if you are surffishing and in a self contained camper, you could stay overnight in patking lot, been a long time, but I am setting my gladiator up to be self contained for turkey hunting Pa.. State forests and planning to see if Island beach still allows that, but that is not what you are looking to do. North Carolina used to allow it but that would have to be looked into also....Jack

Karmageddon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JT Rubicon
Occupation
Cyber Security
Vehicle Showcase
AFAIK, Cape Lookout National Seashore in NC Outer Banks is on of the only places on the east coast that allows beach camping with a vehicle. Camping is free but you need to purchase an annual beach driving permit (cost ~$25) on NPS website. The park is on two islands and there is no bridge so you need to catch a ferry from Davis, NC. Make reservations early because they can fill up fast on the weekends. The NPS site has contact info for the ferry services. It can also get pretty windy so make sure your bring the means to secure all your gear from blowing away. There are also bath houses with showers on the island as well as rental cabins with bathrooms (no electricity but wired for generator) if you don't feel like roughing it.

It is now my absolute favorite camping spot. On our last trip we had a sea turtle nest hatch near our campsite. Baby sea turtles were crawling though our camp on their way to the surf. It's also common to see dolphins playing in the waves.

https://www.nps.gov/calo/planyourvisit/camping.htm
Jeep Gladiator Beach camping 1631222108133

Jeep Gladiator Beach camping 1631222065474

Jeep Gladiator Beach camping 1631222204920

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
You can stay on the beach here on Long Island overnight, just cant pitch a tent on the ground. RTT's are ok.
Sponsored