First Name
Haig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator and 2017 Mercedes SCL 43 AMG
Occupation
Retired
I’m going to be down Ocracoke NC in a couple of weeks surf fishing 🎣 and plan on driving on the beach. I’ve got a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon that runs 39 PSI. I’m thinking around 25 PSI but I’m afraid I’ll break the seal at that. If anyone has any experience with this I’d appreciate the suggestions
Sponsored

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
I’m going to be down Ocracoke NC in a couple of weeks surf fishing 🎣 and plan on driving on the beach. I’ve got a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon that runs 39 PSI. I’m thinking around 25 PSI but I’m afraid I’ll break the seal at that. If anyone has any experience with this I’d appreciate the suggestions
It takes a lot to debead your tires. You could probably comfortably go down to 10-15 psi if you are just driving on the beach (no rocks). Which is probably way more than you need :)

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Yes, as mentioned above, it would take less than 10psi and serious agressive driving to debead. I'd recommend starting at 25 and dropping from there as needed. You might not even need to air down at all depending on the conditions and sand type.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2021 BMW M2, 2012 Monster 1100evo
Occupation
Business Intelligence
In my old truck (nissan titan) I would air those 33's down to about 25 psi (from 38 psi) and that was fine for beach driving. Those tires were also well worn down too.

RustySeatbelt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
As has been said above, you're definitely fine to air down to 25, depending on how loose the sand is though, you might want to go lower. On the stock wheels and with stock tires, you'll still be fine going to 15. That being said, most important thing is to make sure you have a way to air back up.

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Some of the signage and OBX/NPS info when you get your permit even tells you to go 25psi or less and some of the ingress/egress areas have air available for when you are done if you don’t bring your own compressor.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
I drive on the street at 28... Go down to about 10 and enjoy the floaty ride, you're going to have to air back up anyway. And 39 is way too high unless your Glad weighs 10,000lbs.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Me? I’d start around 20 for sand.

you won’t loose a bead; unless you get going fast and try to use the e-brake for a 180. Yeeeeeehawwwww!!

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Me? I’d start around 20 for sand.

you won’t loose a bead; unless you get going fast and try to use the e-brake for a 180. Yeeeeeehawwwww!!
There are signs that say 18 or lower just to get on the Silver Lake sand dunes.

20 is not low enough.

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
There are signs that say 18 or lower just to get on the Silver Lake sand dunes.

20 is not low enough.
I hear ya.

some sand can be a lot different than other. Our sand along Texas coast isn’t as crazy as Florida or other places “sugar” sand.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I do 20 for sand with both oem 245/75 tires and larger tires. No issues ever with any of the jeeps ive had.
Sponsored