First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Auto Sales
Looking to do this run next year. I need to know if around early July would be to early for this trip? I am not sure of the snow in this area. Currently live in NW Montana and we get way more snow here. Has anyone done this yet and what time of year is this passable.
Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Looking to do this run next year. I need to know if around early July would be to early for this trip? I am not sure of the snow in this area. Currently live in NW Montana and we get way more snow here. Has anyone done this yet and what time of year is this passable.
ive tried numerous times and it was closed every time i tried. Better to shoot for august than July.

IPB13

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Silverado 2500HD durmax Crew Cab. 2020 Volvo V60 R design (wifes daily), 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 1993 VW Cabrio (wifes tow), 2000 Honda S2000, 1950 Chevy Fleetline
Occupation
Sales/Ops/Engineering/Project Management
Did it in September...amazing drive!

Sunnysideup

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pumpkin Gladiator/ 2007 Steel Blue JKU
Occupation
Pastor
I live about 60 miles away... I always tell people wait until the second week of July before planning a trip up there and the third week will for sure be open. There have been a couple years it opened by first week...but not common. By the end of Sept. you are pushing your luck with snow again... if you are planning a later in the year... I would shoot for the first week of Sept. So there is your normal window for that trail. Second week of July to the First week of Sept. Some years it might be passable into October... but if you are coming a long distance to run the trail I would aim at those windows.

OP
OP

MTSemperGladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Auto Sales
I live about 60 miles away... I always tell people wait until the second week of July before planning a trip up there and the third week will for sure be open. There have been a couple years it opened by first week...but not common. By the end of Sept. you are pushing your luck with snow again... if you are planning a later in the year... I would shoot for the first week of Sept. So there is your normal window for that trail. Second week of July to the First week of Sept. Some years it might be passable into October... but if you are coming a long distance to run the trail I would aim at those windows.
Thanks Dude ya i am coming from the Flathead Valley. So i will shoot for the first week of Aug or the the last week.
Sponsored