First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
I am trying to optimize the bed such that I don't need to buy an expensive Alucab or RLD design while keeping the overlanding look.
Considerations are security and weather.

I figured I can do few options but all have limitations:
Option 1: RCI or any RTT capable rack that can accommodate hard roll covers like Revolver x4. However, this will make me hard to get a 70 quart fridge due to height.

Option 2: Any RTT capable rack and a weatherproof lockable drawer system that can have the fridge inside it to lock it up. However, will not keep a clean bed, likely hard on storage space and anything outside will be unsecured and open to elements.

Option 3: RLD or Alucab style cap but it will still need drawer and will be very expensive for me in total.

Any helpful tips :)
Sponsored

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
Voodoo has a rack that allows for various covers. Not sure if it fits your needs, but take a look.

I have the JCR Rack and if I recall, only one specific cover works and I am unsure if it is lockable.

OP
OP
Frenzyrider

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
Voodoo has a rack that allows for various covers. Not sure if it fits your needs, but take a look.

I have the JCR Rack and if I recall, only one specific cover works and I am unsure if it is lockable.
Yeah! Voodoo seems to have one. Thanks. But I need to fit the fridge too with a drawer system. So many first world problems

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
Yeah! Voodoo seems to have one. Thanks. But I need to fit the fridge too with a drawer system. So many first world problems
How much height we talking here? How tall does the rack need to be

OP
OP
Frenzyrider

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
How much height we talking here? How tall does the rack need to be
Not the rack. The tonneau cover will limit the fridge height to 17.5" without sliders else a 16-16.5" will be the best that can fit.

Sponsored

HermosaBeachBum

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Grand Cherokee
I am trying to optimize the bed such that I don't need to buy an expensive Alucab or RLD design while keeping the overlanding look.
Considerations are security and weather.

I figured I can do few options but all have limitations:
Option 1: RCI or any RTT capable rack that can accommodate hard roll covers like Revolver x4. However, this will make me hard to get a 70 quart fridge due to height.

Option 2: Any RTT capable rack and a weatherproof lockable drawer system that can have the fridge inside it to lock it up. However, will not keep a clean bed, likely hard on storage space and anything outside will be unsecured and open to elements.

Option 3: RLD or Alucab style cap but it will still need drawer and will be very expensive for me in total.

Any helpful tips :)
I’m going down a similar path. This isn’t exactly what you are looking for but all of these should work together:

Access tonneau cover (roll up)
JCR full rack
ARB 63QT fridge
DFG Fridge slide

The JCR full rack works with the Access tonneau and the ARB and DFG should fit under.

OP
OP
Frenzyrider

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
I’m going down a similar path. This isn’t exactly what you are looking for but all of these should work together:

Access tonneau cover (roll up)
JCR full rack
ARB 63QT fridge
DFG Fridge slide

The JCR full rack works with the Access tonneau and the ARB and DFG should fit under.
This is great! Thank you. However, I am looking to have a hard cover that can roll up. Only one I know is Bakflip Revolver X4. Also realized that it can fit with RCI and Voodoo racks. Any reason you like JCR more?

HermosaBeachBum

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Grand Cherokee
This is great! Thank you. However, I am looking to have a hard cover that can roll up. Only one I know is Bakflip Revolver X4. Also realized that it can fit with RCI and Voodoo racks. Any reason you like JCR more?
No reason other than when I was researching, JCR and Access are what I came across. I have the Access tonneau but haven’t bought a rack yet...

OP
OP
Frenzyrider

Frenzyrider

First Name
Ess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Svc
No reason other than when I was researching, JCR and Access are what I came across. I have the Access tonneau but haven’t bought a rack yet...
Which 63q ARB fridge are you referring because there is one an Elements at 17.1 and Classic at 17.0 inch height?