Sponsored

Best dash cam that records on motion when your not in the gladiator.

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
According to the company’s website, it has been acquired by a company called Xirgo Technologies. As a result, Owlcams are no longer available for purchase and support for current Owlcam owners is suspended. PC World pieced together a chronology of the events that led to the sale of Owl Camera Inc... Xirgo Technologies confirmed to PC World that the company is exploring solutions for support for existing Owl customers, but nothing has been solidified.
Actually, looks like you can purchase hardware with service. New cameras available on the shop link https://www.owlcam.com/shop/
Sponsored

KHam

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Thinkware U1000 4K dual channel. It's not inexpensive, but probably has the best security/parking mode. You can get a "radar" module for it that only uses a fraction of the power when parked, and wakes the camera up when something gets close and starts recording. You could probably leave it running in parking mode for a week or more and not have any battery drain. The video is exceptionally good.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I have the Thinkware U1000 4K dual channel. It's not inexpensive, but probably has the best security/parking mode. You can get a "radar" module for it that only uses a fraction of the power when parked, and wakes the camera up when something gets close and starts recording. You could probably leave it running in parking mode for a week or more and not have any battery drain. The video is exceptionally good.
I also have the Thinkware U1000 4k dual channel. Good camera system. I’m hoping they release the 4channel system they prototyped last year.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
The dash cam I use is a dual camera Crosstour CR-900, $99 on Amazon. It does not have a parking mode though.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I use this Front/Rear combo one, found on Amazon: VIOFO A129 Pro Duo