Sponsored

Best lift kit for my max tow without losing the towing capacity?

captain kilroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
contract welder
What is the best lift kit for my max tow without losing the towing capacity as far as the rear springs?
Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
No I havenā€™t been drinking... you canā€™t put a lift on a Max Tow! The Rubicon police will come after you for posing as a , well Rubicon.

Seriously though, not knowing what you are wanting to accomplish:

- lift for serious off roading
- lift for mild off roading
- lift for looks and street with some occasional off roading.

- mild and street low buck, you can throw a budget boost lift on there ( you donā€™t loose your springs, and you can even do shock extenders, though I am not a fan of those) usually 2-2.5ā€es of lift fit 35ā€™s and 37ā€™s with a mild fender trim, wheel spacers or after market wheels with some back spacing.
Yes you can trim front fenders and run 35ā€™s but IMOP it doesnā€™t look good.

- mild off road , you might go OME if they have it for the JT. Put Heavy springs in the rear and medium upfront with their shocks. Lots of kits and plenty of ways to keep towing and payload with air bags etc.

- rock crawling master, forget the Max Tow bit. EVO, metalcloak , etc. 3.5ā€ lift and chop your stock 2 Piece fenders

OP
OP

captain kilroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
contract welder
No I havenā€™t been drinking... you canā€™t put a lift on a Max Tow! The Rubicon police will come after you for posing as a , well Rubicon.

Seriously though, not knowing what you are wanting to accomplish:
- lift for serious off roading
- lift for mild off roading
- lift for looks and street with some occasional off roadingyou.

- mild and street low buck, you can throw a budget boost lift on there usually 2-2.5ā€es fit 35ā€™s and 37ā€™s with a mild fender trim, wheel spacers or after market wheels with some back spacing.

- mild off road , you might go OME if they have it for the JT. Put Heavy springs in the rear and medium upfront with their shocks. Lots of kits and plenty of ways to keep towing and payload with air bags etc.

- rock crawling master, forget the Max Tow bit. EVO, metalcloak , etc. 3.5ā€ lift and chop your stock 2 Piece fenders
I am looking at mild off roading, more like trails and some mud. Not into rock crawling. Living in east texas not many rocks to climb. Mostly national forest trails and such.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I am looking at mild off roading, more like trails and some mud. Not into rock crawling. Living in east texas not many rocks to climb. Mostly national forest trails and such.
Personally, and I think you will get lots of answers, I would start with a 2.5ā€ budget boost, keep your stock springs, buy some good aftermarket shocks on, adjustable track bar in front, replace the weak rear sway bar links, add some sort of sway bar disconnect depending on your budget, and 35ā€ tires or 37ā€™s with the fender chop kit from American Adventure Lab (AAL) and split the rear fenders as well. You can keep stock fender liners or buy aftermarket. Also think about recovery gear, depends on your budget. And definitely need some skid plates and skids to protect the rockers and that long rear end.

I know thatā€™s a lot, but if you are going to maintain your Max Tow status as much as possible (Towing and payload will decrease with lift and tires) and protect your sheet metal think about all of that stuff with this first build.

TaZer light or mini to correct speedo for tires. Youā€™ll use that for lots of stuff later as well.

Are you still planning on towing to the Max?

Sponsored

OP
OP

captain kilroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
contract welder
Personally, and I think you will get lots of answers, I would start with a 2.5ā€ budget boost, keep your stock springs, out some good aftermarket shocks on, adjustable track bar in front, replace the weak rear sway bar links, add some sort of sway bar disconnect depending on your budget, and 35ā€ tires or 37ā€™s with the fender chop kit from American Adventure Lab (AAL) and spit the rear fenders as well. You can keep stock fender liners or buy aftermarket. Also think about recovery gear, depends on your budget. And definitely need some skid plates and skids to protect the rockers and that long rear end.

I know thatā€™s a lot, but if you are going to maintain your Max Tow status as much as possible (Towing and payload will decrease with lift and tires)

TaZer light or mini to correct speedo for tires. Youā€™ll use that for lots of stuff later as well.

Are you still planning on towing to the Max?
Right now the heaviest thing i would be towing would be my 21 ft skeeter boat. Which is about 2800 lbs.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Right now the heaviest thing i would be towing would be my 21 ft skeeter boat. Which is about 2800 lbs.
No problem, depending on grade. 35ā€™s would be best to start with

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
If that all, then donā€™t fear a lift and bigger tires. 2,800 isnā€™t much at all. Even 5k is much.

PS barnwell mountain has a lot of good trails that will test any rig! Thatā€™s just north of you in Gilmer.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
This made me lol... My max tow out does any rubicon dollar for dollar spent. No hate from any of the JTR guys I know in real life though. Most all are nothing but excited to see another JT out on the trail. Saving 15-20k on the JT & then putting that into off road aftermarket parts nets you a much more capable rig. And much more personalized.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Spacer lift definitely. I wouldn't give up those factory coils.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
After the loads I've had in the bed of my truck - with max tow springs in the rear, and comparing that to how it was with the original Overland springs, night and day. Those max tow progressives were fantastic. It rides great unloaded, great loaded, and didn't sag much with maxing out the payload ability. In fact, it still sat fairly level.
It sat almost the same with 1060 pounds and then 1800 pounds in the back (did that by accident)
Try that with other springs.
Sponsored