Best setup to help kids get into a Jeep

bcunning82

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bright White
Used a motorcycle tiedown loop, wrapped around the grab handle. My 4 year old can reach up and pull himself up....at least for now until tires and lift!

Image_1 2020-01-02_13-14-57.jpeg
Sponsored

LANGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator Rubicon
I took a short length of utility cord. Made some barrel knots. Then tied it to the grab handle with a bowline. My daughter uses it to climb in and she loves it.

For my very short older mother-n-law I have a folding stool like the one JTWillys98 posted but red and black.

20200103_084723.jpg

SD Gladiator

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1989 XJ,
It's not solving the problem. Even though you may be able to get in and out alright, you will be straining your back and leg joints over time.

OP
OP

BlueCT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I like this setup. I am making a handle out of paracord. I was going to attached to the headrest but I’m going to try this first. I probably wont need 3 feet like I thought, maybe 18 -24 inches.
E286369C-FAAF-4C41-ADB5-CD7AD211A3B0.jpeg

I took a short length of utility cord. Made some barrel knots. Then tied it to the grab handle with a bowline. My daughter uses it to climb in and she loves it.

For my very short older mother-n-law I have a folding stool like the one JTWillys98 posted but red and black.

20200103_084723.jpg

Helicopt21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CGM Gladiator
Had some left over 9mm climbing rope. Made the length so that it can't get caught in the door.
- 8' total length
- 4 triple fisherman's knots @ approx 6" apart each. (Photo with tape measure)
- figure 8 follow through to attach to the handle. I did this for looks, you could also do a bowline as LANGeek did.

2020-01-26 14.56.29.jpg

2020-01-26 14.59.20.jpg

2020-01-26 15.05.48.jpg

Sponsored

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with young kids has probably thought about how to make it easier for their kids to get into and out of their Jeep. Let’s get a post going that can bring together all the creative solutions for how to make your Jeep more kid friendly. I’m specifically looking for the best rock rails and grab handles and placement of them for kids but lets not limit this thread to that. I’m love that my girls love my Jeep and I want to make it fun and easy for them so anything you have done to make your Jeep more kid friendly post it here. I traded my GLE 450 coupe Mercedes for the Gladiator LE and my girls love it and so do I, so there’s no going back. The great thing about jeeps is how much you can customize them and kids are a big part of our lives so lets figure this out together.

I found someone who made a paracord Handle for kids on Etsy. Looks simple enough but I don’t really like the way it hangs from the headrest. I was think maybe something from the Molle system on the back of the seat.

I’m also going to need to add rock sliders so there is a step. I like the ones from Ace engineering. They look good IMO and I love that you can keep the stock rubicon rails on. The only thing I’m not sure about is the height of the step \ rail, is it low enough? If anyone could measure that for me on a stock rubicon or LE that would be great. Any recommendations for rock rails that have a lower more kid friendly step that work with the stock rails would also be great.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/706392...SNQi4mkoSpPwiXoFEeWhrCyRwlBAxEvUaAo6GEALw_wcB
Found these two dog leashes with foam handles on amazon for $15/ pair. Came with a land mine bag dispensor and a portable water bowl. Took us a few tries to get the adjustment right but now they work like a champ and I don’t have to put the steps back on!

BAAPET 2 Packs 5 FT Strong Dog... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QX3VDTQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Jeep Gladiator Best setup to help kids get into a Jeep F343B194-580C-4125-A923-C2FE0F52803E

Last edited:

Kch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,1932 ford sedan,1932 ford coupe,1931 ford sedan,1959 Olds custom1959 Olds custom
Do yourself a favor and order the para cord kids handles from Eva's love on Etsy. They are beautifully made. The pictures that are posted make it look like one short and one long cord. But that's not what you get. You get two long para cords with the shackle and loops on the ends. She also includes a little para cord doll with it for free. I run two on each side. That way the weaker little ones can use both hands to pull up if need be. These are heavy enough that they do not blow around with the doors off. They look awesome. They work great for my two granddaughters. The smaller one likes to hold them once she gets in like like she is riding a horse. They can also be used for the para cord on the trail in an emergency. Best 30.00 I ever spent.