Sponsored

Best way to clean trail dust from interior?

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
Opera singer, occasional umpire
Got to run the Mojave through many, many hours of rough trails in Baja for four day this weekend. Lots of fun and the Jeep wasn’t slowed down by anything I put in front of it. It did, however, get an amazing amount of trail dust that has coated virtually every part and surface of the interior. Was curious if anyone has a routine to get the interior cleaned up really well. I figured a ton of damp microfiber towels would do the trick, but don’t want to just smear the dust around or create a muddy veneer that is harder to clean than dust. Appreciate any and all input. Thanks.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Open all 4 doors, run hose out to truck, turn on faucet, aim hose nozzle at truck interior?

OP
OP
enrico_pallazzo

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
Open all 4 doors, run hose out to truck, turn on faucet, aim hose nozzle at truck interior?
I hose out the Jeep all the time, but I’d be a little nervous to try that with the dash or behind the rear seats where the amp and sub are.

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
My rigs full of pollen atm... was thinking about just putting some leather protector on some paper towels and giving it a rubdown. The paper towels so to always have something clean rubbing against

Sponsored

misone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Max Tow
My rigs full of pollen atm... was thinking about just putting some leather protector on some paper towels and giving it a rubdown. The paper towels so to always have something clean rubbing against
This. Can anyone recommend a good vacuum for all of these new found crevices (I.e. around the dash, inside cup holder, shifter)?

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I just dry dusted the pollen out of mine. Then your choice of cleaner/wipe down.
I dust for the same reason you bring up - start wet and you just end up smearing it all around.

Check your cabin air filter!

Sponsored

OP
OP
enrico_pallazzo

enrico_pallazzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler & 21 Mojave
Occupation
A vacuum brush then some kind of static feather duster type thing?
I'll give this a shot, but I find trail dust just doesn't get picked up very easily. Even wiping it down doesn't seem to do much unless there is something to grab the dust and not just move it around.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I use a "California duster" on my cars - hauling them on a trailer across states to car shows, sitting on a windy day, whatever, it's always done a great job removing the dust without washing the car.
I wonder............ any chance it would help with these interiors?

I like the blower idea, too......... I may get one just because it looks handy as heck.

303? I guess I've been sleeping- never heard of it and I've got a whole Gladiator garage cabinet with auto cleaning chemicals and supplies.