First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Any progress on this situation? I am holding off on putting my order in until I see what the solution is.

JLmidwest

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
I haven't heard anything from bestop. I'm going to give them a call Monday.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload

Sponsored

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
I love the idea and certainly, they are quality considering who made them but damn...that price. And that is only for two.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
Also looking at these mirrors because I usually have the doors off except in rain or cold.

https://langeoriginals.com/products/coyote-mirror-for-2018-jl-and-jlu
Those mirrors look they would be mounted waaaaay too low for them have any use when the doors are on. I have no experience with the JK or JK/JT soft doors, but I know with the TJ doors, the visibility inside is slightly worse than with normal hard doors. With this said, I would DEFINITELY want decent mirrors on the Jeep when the soft doors are on.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
The difference between the two materials is that the Black Diamond is more of a vinyl material like some of the soft tops, and the Twill is a fabric material, similar to a fabric convertible top. The Twill also has a limited lifetime warranty vs. a lesser (five year?) on the Black Diamond. I those the Twill due to the heat in Arizona and how it tends to impact vinyl materials.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
The difference between the two materials is that the Black Diamond is more of a vinyl material like some of the soft tops, and the Twill is a fabric material, similar to a fabric convertible top. The Twill also has a limited lifetime warranty vs. a lesser (five year?) on the Black Diamond. I those the Twill due to the heat in Arizona and how it tends to impact vinyl materials.
To add to this, the twill is a bit quieter and more a "sound absorbing" material. If you have the "premium" soft top, it is a twill material. If matching materials matters to you, then the twill is what you want. If you have the standard soft top it's more of a sailcloth material and the less expensive black diamond is the way to go. If you have a hardtop then I guess it's all on what you're looking for.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I haven't heard anything from bestop. I'm going to give them a call Monday.
Please give them another call. Their call volume has gone up quite a bit and their days are more chaotic given they are all working from home at this point. If you aren't able to get through drop me a PM and I'll see if I can escalate.

Thanks

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

MJK-Rubi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon edition
Any group discount if you buy the doors direct from Bestop?

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Almost 5 pages and no good photos of them on a truck?

Curious about the weather stripping/door seal would like to see that. That and how quiet and rain resistant.

MJK-Rubi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost 5 pages and no good photos of them on a truck?

Curious about the weather stripping/door seal would like to see that. That and how quiet and rain resistant.
I can't speak to the new JT doors, but had these on my JK every summer for years.

Do they leak - Yes at the top corners
Are they quiet - No, they make a good amount of noise at higher speeds
Are they awesome - YES, picture a hot summer day, you just finished work and have a 5 hour ride home. No better time to throw your soft doors in the back and drive home with the warm breeze and sun surrounding you. you can't do that with factory doors.

IMG_20180712_151158.jpg

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
Are they awesome - YES, picture a hot summer day, you just finished work and have a 5 hour ride home. No better time to throw your soft doors in the back and drive home with the warm breeze and sun surrounding you. you can't do that with factory doors.

IMG_20180712_151158.jpg
^^^THIS!!!!!^^^
This is EXACTLY how I feel about them on the TJ. On those chilly mornings, ride to work with the doors on. But going out to lunch or driving home, pop the doors off and toss em in the back. Plus, at least with the TJ doors, if you break each door down into the 2 PC's, all 4 sections for PERFECTLY between the tailgate and back seat.

MJK-Rubi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No sense in waiting any longer. Just placed an order for a set in Twill. I'll post some pics once I get them. Maybe 2 weeks as they are expected in stock the end of this week.

-Mike
Sponsored