OP

Prepneck

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
They aren't totally water-tight (or at least mine weren't). But if you bend the uppers in to where the top of the door contacts the vehicle first and you need to pull on the handle to close the door, they seal really well. I remember putting the mounting posts for the uppers into a bench vise and gently bending them so the upper slanted slightly inward.
I've read several folks mention bending the doors to get them to fit. Mine have a difficult time latching closed without significant pressure on the door. How do you bend and how do you know what exactly to bend?

Also, there's a long strip of rubber weather seal that sticks out the bottom of the door top. What am I supposed to do with it? I can only close the door by having it stick out the outside.
Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
I've read several folks mention bending the doors to get them to fit. Mine have a difficult time latching closed without significant pressure on the door. How do you bend and how do you know what exactly to bend?

Also, there's a long strip of rubber weather seal that sticks out the bottom of the door top. What am I supposed to do with it? I can only close the door by having it stick out the outside.
I cut the long rubber weather stripping where it meets the weather stripping on the door. My doors do not just “shut” easily either. I have to push them shut and to me it’s not a big deal.

As for where to bend the door uppers. I close my door and then look all around the upper portion to see where there is a gap. If it’s on the front then I will bend the front part of the upper door in to close the gap.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Still waiting for your opinion of how they are up on the highway. I know they’ll flap but do they leak?
So I have had them out on the road for two rain sessions. First time, after work, I found a puddle in front passenger footwell because that doors upper needed to be better adjusted. Other than that, no issues on my particular doors/Jeep. YMMV! Second rain was a lot harder but still didn’t get wet while driving, no water leaks while driving and no water coming up through bottom door gaps. Hope this helps.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
So I have had them out on the road for two rain sessions. First time, after work, I found a puddle in front passenger footwell because that doors upper needed to be better adjusted. Other than that, no issues on my particular doors/Jeep. YMMV! Second rain was a lot harder but still didn’t get wet while driving, no water leaks while driving and no water coming up through bottom door gaps. Hope this helps.
Helps a whole lot! Thanks. I placed my order for the doors today. Like everyone else they said they are backordered but my email says 7-10 business days. I hope they come in before my trip to FL at the end of the month.

GOT16

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sting Gray
still waiting on mine to come in, ordered 4/20...
@WhiteJT8541 - pretty sure you said you bought the same mirrors i like. lange originals.
Thought you said driver pretty good and passenger not so much.
still the same after using more?
Thanks

Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
still waiting on mine to come in, ordered 4/20...
@WhiteJT8541 - pretty sure you said you bought the same mirrors i like. lange originals.
Thought you said driver pretty good and passenger not so much.
still the same after using more?
Thanks
Yes still the same. I’ll try and post a picture today of how it looks.

GOT16

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes still the same. I’ll try and post a picture today of how it looks.
think there's anyway that mirror can be modified? Bend maybe? or made a little taller by adding a piece of metal? or ?

just doesn't seem to be many options that work when the doors/windows are on

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
think there's anyway that mirror can be modified? Bend maybe? or made a little taller by adding a piece of metal? or ?

just doesn't seem to be many options that work when the doors/windows are on
Short of getting the same diameter metal, longer in length, rod and drilling it I don’t think so. This is the view from inside without the upper door on. Here is a view with upper on as well. If that gives you any indication of how much the upper will cover it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

GOT16

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Short of getting the same diameter metal, longer in length, rod and drilling it I don’t think so. This is the view from inside without the upper door on. Here is a view with upper on as well. If that gives you any indication of how much the upper will cover it.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop 2-Piece Full Fabric Doors, Front JL SKU: 5175017 image

Jeep Gladiator Bestop 2-Piece Full Fabric Doors, Front JL SKU: 5175017 image
yeah i'd say the pic gives me an idea, ugh..... you see maybe 20% of the mirror

Thanks!

Ray F.

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubi
Good luck with yours. Mine were a fail. I was willing to work with flapping or leaking at highway speeds. The way mine fit, however, the gaps were too big to expect water not coming in at any speed.

From inside. The door is adjusted as low as it can go. Note the gap along bottom. Note how the gasket doesn’t come into contact with anything:
Jeep Gladiator Bestop 2-Piece Full Fabric Doors, Front JL SKU: 5175017 9E755025-7EB7-4FD8-986C-BBD295E59168

Front corner. I’d consider this a huge entry point, considering the location is behind the front wheel.
Jeep Gladiator Bestop 2-Piece Full Fabric Doors, Front JL SKU: 5175017 37E12AE4-0B37-4A98-AB2C-E226E8EDA6AE

Like someone else mentioned, at 51, I remember when CJ soft doors were considered standard. Yes, they leaked......but they fit.

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wow that fit is horrible. ...for what they cost....no way.

I think i'll wait for actual half doors from Jeep.

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Ok, I ordered my doors back on March 1st, have had them for a while but up here in MA it is finally time to swap the hard doors with these. I had these on my 2 door 2012 wrangler, so I know all the tweeking and such. My problem is the front latches seem to be about an inch and a half about the striker attached to the jamb. (Picture attached). The rear doors "kind of work" if I flip the latches upside-down. I don't know of the early batches were sent with the wrong latch assemblies. Is there anyone on here that has a working set that can send me the part number on the inside on the latch?
(These pics are only the front door)

20200523_193905.jpg

20200525_135504.jpg

Screenshot_20200525-135430_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP

Prepneck

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have the EXACT same problem but more than 1.5" apart from strike plate. I too tried flipping latch upside down but didn't help enough. Taking it in this week to local offroad shop who has account with Bestop to see if they can bend/mend/whatever but I'm extremely disappointed. We all paid over $1K for these. I received mine around the same time you did and share your concern about a bad batch. Mine did not even have the rear door hardware which took almost three weeks and a call with supervisor to finally get the parts. Now I'm gonna be at least another $100 in it with the shop time and I have a strong suspicion I'm gonna have to wait for another set of doors. Frustrating.

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
I have the EXACT same problem but more than 1.5" apart from strike plate. I too tried flipping latch upside down but didn't help enough. Taking it in this week to local offroad shop who has account with Bestop to see if they can bend/mend/whatever but I'm extremely disappointed. We all paid over $1K for these. I received mine around the same time you did and share your concern about a bad batch. Mine did not even have the rear door hardware which took almost three weeks and a call with supervisor to finally get the parts. Now I'm gonna be at least another $100 in it with the shop time and I have a strong suspicion I'm gonna have to wait for another set of doors. Frustrating.
Yeah, I would like to see the numbers on the latches that guys have that fit....either they sent the wrong latch...or the wrong doors. What are the numbers on your latches? One side ends in 25, I think the other side ends in 24.

OP
OP

Prepneck

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, I would like to see the numbers on the latches that guys have that fit....either they sent the wrong latch...or the wrong doors. What are the numbers on your latches? One side ends in 25, I think the other side ends in 24.
My latches end in 25 and 24. Just like yours. I'm wondering if the holes in the door are simply in the wrong place.
Sponsored