Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop Team Any update on core door sales/production for JT/JL ?
As we've mentioned in a couple of other threads (sorry we missed updating this one) there are no plans to bring the Core Doors to the JL/JT during 2020. This is largely due to the number of vehicles currently in market and expenses related to tooling and manufacturing.

The above said, we have been discussing the idea of doing a Kickstarter campaign to more accurately gauge the number of people that would commit to purchasing (and if we didn't hit the threshold the Kickstarter wouldn't get funded and everyone gets their money back - we don't manage the funds). Effectively if it got funded it would accelerate bringing the product to market.

No definite plans on this front but it's something we've been discussing.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Very disappointing.

As we've mentioned in a couple of other threads (sorry we missed updating this one) there are no plans to bring the Core Doors to the JL/JT during 2020. This is largely due to the number of vehicles currently in market and expenses related to tooling and manufacturing.

The above said, we have been discussing the idea of doing a Kickstarter campaign to more accurately gauge the number of people that would commit to purchasing (and if we didn't hit the threshold the Kickstarter wouldn't get funded and everyone gets their money back - we don't manage the funds). Effectively if it got funded it would accelerate bringing the product to market.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Do you know if by chance this kickstarter will be announced/go live by spring if it happens? Looking to get soft or tube doors for the spring but would be willing to hold off a bit if I know a kickstarter is is inbound.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Do you know if by chance this kickstarter will be announced/go live by spring if it happens? Looking to get soft or tube doors for the spring but would be willing to hold off a bit if I know a kickstarter is is inbound.
I'll be revisiting the Kickstarter idea with the team this coming week. Keep in mind that even if we launch a Kickstart campaign it will take roughly 30 days to run it, and if it can be funded, it will still take some time to engineer, tools, and get through logistics. Unfortunately, there are a lot of activities involved to bring something like the Core Door to market.

We're excited to hear of the interest in a Kickstarter approach but also want to keep expectations realistic.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I'll be revisiting the Kickstarter idea with the team this coming week. Keep in mind that even if we launch a Kickstart campaign it will take roughly 30 days to run it, and if it can be funded, it will still take some time to engineer, tools, and get through logistics. Unfortunately, there are a lot of activities involved to bring something like the Core Door to market.

We're excited to hear of the interest in a Kickstarter approach but also want to keep expectations realistic.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I know kickstarters tend to take a while. I have yet to find one that completes on time Works for me though, at least I would know within 30 days if it is happening or not, and if it is I can manage until they actually do arrive if it gets funded. Even if the kickstarter started tomorrow I know best case scenario would probably be getting them in the summer, but more than likely fall or even winter probably.

By the way thanks for the quick reply!

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
@Bestop , as others have asked, any idea if and when a JT soft top will be available?

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop , as others have asked, any idea if and when a JT soft top will be available?
There is nothing planned at this time since we produce the OEM soft top and tonneau for the Gladiator. I would suspect that as more vehicles get into the market that this might be revisited but we don't see anything coming in 2020.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant

mjgpol99

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
So on my jku I had a trex top nx from Bestop loved the fact it could go from a full top to a bikini top by unzipping the windows is this going to be an option with a bikini top on the Gladiator @Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
So on my jku I had a trex top nx from Bestop loved the fact it could go from a full top to a bikini top by unzipping the windows is this going to be an option with a bikini top on the Gladiator @Bestop
Are you referring to how the OEM soft top works on the Gladiator? If so, it does work very much like the Trektop and our Glide in how you remove the rear window leaving it in a bikini top like configuration. From there if you want you can pull back the Sunrider feature giving both front and rear passengers an open top.

Here is a video showing its operation

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Sponsored

mjgpol99

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Are you referring to how the OEM soft top works on the Gladiator? If so, it does work very much like the Trektop and our Glide in how you remove the rear window leaving it in a bikini top like configuration. From there if you want you can pull back the Sunrider feature giving both front and rear passengers an open top.

Here is a video showing its operation

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thank you i did get the dual top option and now im glad i did thank you as my soft top was in a box in the back of the truck and i havent even opened it. Yes being able to slide the window out and roll down the door windows is exactly what i wanted out of a soft top

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security