Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Has anyone needed to (figured out how to) adjust the front latches? When I first installed the sunrider it was tight and had very little wind noise. Now I'm noticing a lot of wind uplift noise from the passenger side.
Sponsored

TxRed208

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport (max tow)
Totally user error as suspected, took another look and realized the deck was not aligned properly with the door rails, adjusted that and everything is snug and looks right now.

I guess for future posterity and for other folks doing installs in the near future cuz of the rebates, don’t be a dumbass like me, lol. Make sure the deck is properly aligned on the inside of the door rails before fastening anything (hard to tell honestly, without having goofed it up).

On the plus side the z-clips were a breeze to get in, and that was the part I was worried about...
How funny (to me) - the Z clips were what I was cursing as I was trying to get em in... everything else felt a breeze to me! Glad it worked out for ya.

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
A month after the initial install, I’m suddenly getting a lot of noise too. Looked it over, nothing was obvious. It’s installed correctly. I retightened it a bit but no change.

It’s a soft top so I’m trying to keep reasonable expectations. I haven’t reached out to Bestop but the original fit at install was “eh”. Nothing lined up as nice as what’s shown in their pics and videos so I assume it likely is one from a bad batch.

brog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
A month after the initial install, I’m suddenly getting a lot of noise too. Looked it over, nothing was obvious. It’s installed correctly. I retightened it a bit but no change.

It’s a soft top so I’m trying to keep reasonable expectations. I haven’t reached out to Bestop but the original fit at install was “eh”. Nothing lined up as nice as what’s shown in their pics and videos so I assume it likely is one from a bad batch.
Stupid and obvious question but, have you double checked to make sure the latches are locked down all of the way? One day I left one latch closed but not locked in as I was going to open it right back up, never did. The next day I was getting a lot more wind noise and remembered I didn't close it all the way.

Sponsored

Sleighman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I have had the Twill version for a few months now and love it. I think its the best mod I did so far. No more dealing with the bulky freedom panels. Mine is still tight. I read some where that those clips can come loose on the sides and then the wind noise will pick up. I check mine every few weeks.

Snazzberrymojave21

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
My driver side at the seam seems to go up a little compared to the passenger side which is flush with the top up. Does anyone have this going on with their sunrider?Is there anything I can do to adjust it? It doesn’t seem to be much just concerned about water getting under that part of the seem.

CA2A2A5D-FFFB-48C8-A386-677303AC0FA7.jpeg

ACA002FA-71FC-4CC3-89DC-53F5A54EEA33.jpeg

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I’ve got the MOPAR version.
I was happy the first nine months, now it’s got lots of wind noise. As soon as the wife complains it’s got to be adjusted or back come the hard panels.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I’ve got the MOPAR version.
I was happy the first nine months, now it’s got lots of wind noise. As soon as the wife complains it’s got to be adjusted or back come the hard panels.
Hi Jeffrey,
There are no adjustments to be made but please reach out to our CS team as this doesn't sound normal. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday.

Thanks!
Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored