Sponsored

Bestop SunRider for Hardtop - How Noisy?

Verne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Education
It’s a bit more noise, but it is the best mod I have put on my gladiator. The noise is more sounds than wind. For instance when I start her up in the garage, it’s a bit louder (can hear the engine) but I don’t notice more wind noise. So so convenient. Do it.

OP
OP
Raven65

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
It’s a bit more noise, but it is the best mod I have put on my gladiator. The noise is more sounds than wind. For instance when I start her up in the garage, it’s a bit louder (can hear the engine) but I don’t notice more wind noise. So so convenient. Do it.
It’s done… placed my order yesterday! :rock:

VolInGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Overland
The main difference that prompted me to pay the extra $150 for the twill is they provide a “limited lifetime warranty” with it - whereas the warranty is only 5 years with the cheaper “Black Diamond” material.

Also - and I have not verified this - but I read somewhere on here that you only get the warranty if you purchase it directly from BesTop - rather than from Amazon or somewhere else
I have the twill and didn’t even realize it had a lifetime warranty. Good to know……and maybe I need to read those descriptions a little closer! 😂

Jimko71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
The main difference that prompted me to pay the extra $150 for the twill is they provide a “limited lifetime warranty” with it - whereas the warranty is only 5 years with the cheaper “Black Diamond” material.

Also - and I have not verified this - but I read somewhere on here that you only get the warranty if you purchase it directly from BesTop - rather than from Amazon or somewhere else

Not true. I bought from Amazon and registered it with Bestop. As long as you have a proof of purchase you are fine. Bestop has an Amazon store.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Bestop/page/86A97AE3-B848-4E63-981F-125C3348EC45?ref_=ast_bln

The warranty does not apply to Product bought from auction-style or price-bid websites. (IE. eBay, Facebook Marketplace.)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Raven65

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Eagle22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired...sort of
I've been running the twill top for over two years...rain, sleet, snow, and a major hail storm that caused $6k in body damage. The Bestop still looks like new. My freedom panels have been in their bag in the basement for two years and will probably never emerge. Best and favorite mod for both me and the wife. Admittedly, if we're on the interstate we close the top...but as soon as we hit an exit and will be below 60 mph, the top is open.

jeepinmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yes the twill sunrider is a little louder than my insulated freedom panels. I swap it off and on with the freedom panels during the winter. Its very easy to remove and takes less than 5 mins. I sometimes will put the freedom panels back on for a long trip also for less noise. Ive been through a car wash and its fine, open it does create more drag at high speeds and my mileage suffers slightly. Do i regret my purchase? No. I love it during the warmer months as the convenience is so nice to flip it back whenever. Quick shower pops up on you who cares, just flip it back! Sun too hot after you open it? Just flip it back! Get it. You’ll find yourself riding more with the top open than you realize. Removing and storing the panels was a pain.

geneinhouston

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys Ed. in PitchBlack
Occupation
Photographer/Travel Manager/Blue October promotions (best friends band!)
i cannot tell you how many people with jeeps have stopped me or sat at a light next to me to ask about my @Bestop Sunrider (that i bought shortly after purchasing my Gladiator in Jan 2023)! seriously, after 10 years and 3 months of owning a Jeep Wrangler and now a Jeep Gladiator i wish i would have known about this dang thing sooner! and as many have stated, i have in just these few short months gone to many a car wash and it has held up perfectly with no leaks etc...
and i gotta say, one of my favorite things ever is to open it up at night and just drive...whether it's a road trip, driving in the city or going to the beach, having this thing so conveniently being able to open at night is just the best.
anyway, hopefully more people see this thread and get one as it has truly made me so dang happy and i know it will do the same for them

Sponsored

OP
OP
Raven65

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
<snip>
and i gotta say, one of my favorite things ever is to open it up at night and just drive...whether it's a road trip, driving in the city or going to the beach, having this thing so conveniently being able to open at night is just the best.
I agree with that 100%. With my Miata and Corvette, a balmy summer night was always my favorite time to drive topless as well. My SunRider is supposed to be here in a couple of days... and I can't wait to get it installed and be able to flip it back on the Gladiator in seconds and do the same!

Verne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Education
Share a picture after your install. You will love it! Getting the z clip into the molding is the worst part lol. I suggest you use some tape to keep it in place once you get them in.

controller

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Computers
I bought mine used, and have had it on the truck for a month. Couple of points:
* Quieter because it doesn't squeak like the freedom panels.
* From a road noise perspective, it is a little bit louder.
* It flaps when there's buffeting like behind a big rig.
* When it is open, it feels the same as having the freedom panels off.
* When it is open, the leading edge is a the cloth edge, and it flaps a bit, too.

OP
OP
Raven65

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Share a picture after your install. You will love it! Getting the z clip into the molding is the worst part lol. I suggest you use some tape to keep it in place once you get them in.
Will do... and thanks for the tip. So, is the tape necessary (or at least a good idea) just to hold it in place until you get the SunRider installed - or is it needed permanently? Just wondering if I should use painters tape for the temporary fix - or Gorilla Tape for something more permanent. I have both.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes the twill sunrider is a little louder than my insulated freedom panels. I swap it off and on with the freedom panels during the winter. Its very easy to remove and takes less than 5 mins. I sometimes will put the freedom panels back on for a long trip also for less noise. Ive been through a car wash and its fine, open it does create more drag at high speeds and my mileage suffers slightly. Do i regret my purchase? No. I love it during the warmer months as the convenience is so nice to flip it back whenever. Quick shower pops up on you who cares, just flip it back! Sun too hot after you open it? Just flip it back! Get it. You’ll find yourself riding more with the top open than you realize. Removing and storing the panels was a pain.

I do the same thing. Swap panels back on in the winter. I leave the side rails attached to the top itself. So me and my wife can put it on in about 5 minutes. Place it in place and zip up 6 fasteners with an electric ratchet and its on.

It IS considerably louder at highway speeds. I tend to drive 67ish vs 75 ish to keep the noise down.
Sponsored