Sponsored

Sunrider for Hardtop

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Hey, just got the softop for hardtop, love it, but noticed this black streaking....... Does that eventually stop?

20200331_111221.jpg

20200331_111312.jpg
Yes. - when your white JT turns into a Gator JT!

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Check that fit, it just doesn't look right.

upload_2020-4-1_23-51-27.png
Do you mean the z-clip? That could be the only thing I could think of.

I also felt it didn't sit just right, but thought maybe it was just slightly bunched from too much fabric....
@Bestop, what say you?

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Do you mean the z-clip? That could be the only thing I could think of.

I also felt it didn't sit just right, but thought maybe it was just slightly bunched from too much fabric....
@Bestop, what say you?
I can't say if it's the stupid z-clip or not, but see the difference?
I'm just seeing the gap on that side that wasn't as apparent on your pax side.
I know I had to pull mine all the way off and re-install once to get it to sit right.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I can't say if it's the stupid z-clip or not, but see the difference?
I'm just seeing the gap on that side that wasn't as apparent on your pax side.
I know I had to pull mine all the way off and re-install once to get it to sit right.
Luckily I have some time on my hands.

Reactions: JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
hey @Bestop , did you catch Corona? I hope not.

what do you think about this corner, does it look funny, and also about my black streaks?
upload_2020-4-3_11-48-57.png
No Coronavirus cases anywhere in the team yet - thank goodness!

Yes - the fit looks off for that corner. Give our customer service team a call, and they will help you get it sorted. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday. They are all working from home, but the calls should get routed properly. If you get a voicemail, wait a bit, and then try again.

When you are on the phone, ask them about the streaking. In other applications, non-Jeep-related, I've seen seals and fabrics that bleed like that for a while and then stop - like a new pair of jeans. It may just be excess dye in the seal or black twill that is doing this and will subside shortly. On white, it certainly shows up, but I've not heard it mentioned previously for other body colors.

Stay safe out there!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Coronavirus cases anywhere in the team yet - thank goodness!

Yes - the fit looks off for that corner. Give our customer service team a call, and they will help you get it sorted. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday. They are all working from home, but the calls should get routed properly. If you get a voicemail, wait a bit, and then try again.

When you are on the phone, ask them about the streaking. In other applications, non-Jeep-related, I've seen seals and fabrics that bleed like that for a while and then stop - like a new pair of jeans. It may just be excess dye in the seal or black twill that is doing this and will subside shortly. On white, it certainly shows up, but I've not heard it mentioned previously for other body colors.

Stay safe out there!

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sounds good. I think we'll be in 60 degree weather tomorrow, i'll give them a call. I thought I had it all correctly, bah!
Sponsored