Sponsored

BeStop Sunrider question and photo request...

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I am pondering the Sunrider. Looks like a quality option over the freedom panels and everyone that has pulled the trigger has nothing but good things to say. My only question, if you decide to Go naked, doors and back top off, what about the Sunrider? Do you just open it up and leave it or attempt to take it off as well? I thought reading threads the Sunrider had to tuck into drain rails for the rear top so I guess looking for an education on this and pics if you can go naked and leave the Sunride or have to remove. I appreciate the help in advance.
Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I am pondering the Sunrider. Looks like a quality option over the freedom panels and everyone that has pulled the trigger has nothing but good things to say. My only question, if you decide to Go naked, doors and back top off, what about the Sunrider? Do you just open it up and leave it or attempt to take it off as well? I thought reading threads the Sunrider had to tuck into drain rails for the rear top so I guess looking for an education on this and pics if you can go naked and leave the Sunride or have to remove. I appreciate the help in advance.
If you're already taking everything else off, might as well remove the Sunrider. It attaches to the hard top.

OP
OP
Bunchahoopla

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're already taking everything else off, might as well remove the Sunrider. It attaches to the hard top.
I assume it comes off fairly easy?

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I assume it comes off fairly easy?
Yep. Didn't you watch any of the install videos? It's just 2 screws in the back and 2 on each side. Lift it up and slide it back over the hardtop then climb in the back and lift it off. Get someone to help you if it's too heavy for you. I installed mine myself.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I took advantage of some nice weather last week and decided to pull my top and doors.(I have a sunrider)

The sunrider just like the freedom tops can be reinstalled to give you front seat protection..... There is a catch on the sunrider... since the hardtop has weather stripping where the back meets, you have to fill up that gap so the back bracket can have enough pressure to hold the top down to the Jeep, otherwise it flops up and down. I cut up a rag and stuffed it in between the bracket and sunrider. I had no issues even with interstate driving...

the best part is that I got to have a full shade on when the sun got too hot (I sunburn easy).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bunchahoopla

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took advantage of some nice weather last week and decided to pull my top and doors.(I have a sunrider)

The sunrider just like the freedom tops can be reinstalled to give you front seat protection..... There is a catch on the sunrider... since the hardtop has weather stripping where the back meets, you have to fill up that gap so the back bracket can have enough pressure to hold the top down to the Jeep, otherwise it flops up and down. I cut up a rag and stuffed it in between the bracket and sunrider. I had no issues even with interstate driving...

the best part is that I got to have a full shade on when the sun got too hot (I sunburn easy).
I appreciate that info. Good to know for sure. I am really digging the Sunrider and know I would use it all the time. Plan on only going fully naked a couple of times a year...in the Midwest the weather changes in a lick and sometime unexpected. Just curious on possibilities with the Sunrider and how much more difficult to remove when taking everything off or like you said make it work and leave it. Thank you!

OP
OP
Bunchahoopla

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Didn't you watch any of the install videos? It's just 2 screws in the back and 2 on each side. Lift it up and slide it back over the hardtop then climb in the back and lift it off. Get someone to help you if it's too heavy for you. I installed mine myself.
I watched the install videos but without actually installing it, it’s hard for me to fully grasp how it works. I understood some screws on the side made the Sunrider a complete unit from the side pieces to the top and others secured it to the Jeep...but without one in front of me wanted to ask. Thanks for the info!

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I appreciate that info. Good to know for sure. I am really digging the Sunrider and know I would use it all the time. Plan on only going fully naked a couple of times a year...in the Midwest the weather changes in a lick and sometime unexpected. Just curious on possibilities with the Sunrider and how much more difficult to remove when taking everything off or like you said make it work and leave it. Thank you!
we have a saying here in Colorado...”if you don’t like the weather wait ten minutes” lol

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Sting Gray/Toyota 4Runner Limited Pearl White
If you go naked and take the hardtop off I believe you would also need to remove the sunrider top as well. It bolts to the hardtop itself with a bracket, where the hardtop meets the sunrider in the middle. That being said I’ve owned a softop in the past on my TJ and barely ever took the top off, the sunrider for hardtop gives you plenty of “open air” feel and is completely waterproof if installed correctly. You should not need to fill any gaps with anything, everything you need comes with the sunrider and install is pretty quick/easy. That being said if you wanted to go naked you could probably pull the soft part of the top off along with the added door mounts in about 15 mins tops. It really wasn’t a difficult install but if your saying the weather changes quickly by you this is the best solution for that type of climate. Watch the install video on quadratec and you will be all set. I’ll also include some pics here.
Jeep Gladiator BeStop Sunrider question and photo request... 0ACEBE42-B181-41EA-AABB-CB9F9F58E35F
Jeep Gladiator BeStop Sunrider question and photo request... 0BA7EB49-1968-4B80-85C9-B4B2180E9D19
Jeep Gladiator BeStop Sunrider question and photo request... 9020E10F-20C8-4003-AAE2-17375D2D1E08
Jeep Gladiator BeStop Sunrider question and photo request... 34F6D274-462D-4CB0-B790-BDDB4F194F0D
Jeep Gladiator BeStop Sunrider question and photo request... 8E045C69-D7C7-40DC-9DF6-4F08F40C02B4
Jeep Gladiator BeStop Sunrider question and photo request... 0A8DD02C-E872-4FF3-AB84-6CFD5F47C6BB

OP
OP
Bunchahoopla

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you go naked and take the hardtop off I believe you would also need to remove the sunrider top as well. It bolts to the hardtop itself with a bracket, where the hardtop meets the sunrider in the middle. That being said I’ve owned a softop in the past on my TJ and barely ever took the top off, the sunrider for hardtop gives you plenty of “open air” feel and is completely waterproof if installed correctly. You should not need to fill any gaps with anything, everything you need comes with the sunrider and install is pretty quick/easy. That being said if you wanted to go naked you could probably pull the soft part of the top off along with the added door mounts in about 15 mins tops. It really wasn’t a difficult install but if your saying the weather changes quickly by you this is the best solution for that type of climate. Watch the install video on quadratec and you will be all set. I’ll also include some pics here.
Jeep Gladiator BeStop Sunrider question and photo request... 0A8DD02C-E872-4FF3-AB84-6CFD5F47C6BB
Awesome, I appreciate it greatly!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bunchahoopla

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While the subject is up, we have June Bugs the size of baseballs here in Missouri. Do you all catch a lot of bugs with the top folded back? It looks like if so, that is on the inside portion of the sun rider when stowed so is it easy to get bug guts off of?

CAL32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Sting Gray/Toyota 4Runner Limited Pearl White
While the subject is up, we have June Bugs the size of baseballs here in Missouri. Do you all catch a lot of bugs with the top folded back? It looks like if so, that is on the inside portion of the sun rider when stowed so is it easy to get bug guts off of?
I’ve had it in for 3 weeks and it’s just started to warm up in NJ so no real bugs yet. I would say it’s less like a windshield that would splat them and they would more than likely roll over it with the wind. No clue what a June bug are but I haven’t seen any bug debris in mine. If you opt for the Twill like I did it’s a really heavy fabric so I suppose they would come off if you scrubbed them and would have no issues with the soft top. I forgot to mention right now until the end of May there is a $200 Bestop rebate for it, it’s probably the best price your going to see for a brand new one...just saying

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Open the rear center window fully, takes almost all the wind buffeting away while open. Colorado sunshine is a blessing and a curse. Higher UV levels due to higher elevation, so you'll get sunburned quick if you're not careful. It's a really quick install, maybe 20 minutes tops, with 5 of that getting the freedom panels into the bag. No issues with bugs just yet, but we're just out of winter less than 2 weeks ago.

OP
OP
Bunchahoopla

Bunchahoopla

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had it in for 3 weeks and it’s just started to warm up in NJ so no real bugs yet. I would say it’s less like a windshield that would splat them and they would more than likely roll over it with the wind. No clue what a June bug are but I haven’t seen any bug debris in mine. If you opt for the Twill like I did it’s a really heavy fabric so I suppose they would come off if you scrubbed them and would have no issues with the soft top. I forgot to mention right now until the end of May there is a $200 Bestop rebate for it, it’s probably the best price your going to see for a brand new one...just saying
I appreciate it, yeah I was trying to get every question I could think of while the rebate was going on.
Sponsored