Sponsored

BFG 39s on stock rubicon axles

CR95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon Recon Wrangler 21 Gladiator ordered
Hello! My 2018 Rubicon Recon is currently up for sale and I have a 21 Sarge Green Gladiator Rubicon Diesel ordered. Ive run 37" geolander mts on my wrangler for years without issue. When my Gladiator arrives, I'm considering stepping up to the BFG 39s, and i just wanted some opinions on that. Even though they are a 39, they are only marginally heavier than most 37s out there and are not a true 39. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I have a friend who was running them on a JL Rubicon for a while. Are you planning on doing any hard off roading? If so, you should upgrade axle shafts and add trusses.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'd for sure burn on a set of trusses from artec they now have some for the rear now too you can even make a triangulated rear with them,but if you do plan on running the rock krawler truss I'd go with that

But Apart from that I'd recommend some Rcv front axles and some rear chromoly axles from Yukon or any other quality brand

If you do plan on doing some mild wheeling with it you should be fine on the stock diesel gears cause you basically have one tons cause of the big bearings the new dana axles got now days it's just lacking the bigger pinion and axle housing like a one ton

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Hello! My 2018 Rubicon Recon is currently up for sale and I have a 21 Sarge Green Gladiator Rubicon Diesel ordered. Ive run 37" geolander mts on my wrangler for years without issue. When my Gladiator arrives, I'm considering stepping up to the BFG 39s, and i just wanted some opinions on that. Even though they are a 39, they are only marginally heavier than most 37s out there and are not a true 39. Thoughts?
I would upgrade to Spicer ball joints at least. Do the RCV's or regular chromoly shafts and for sure do the FAD delete. That is the weak link in the front. Get one full length spare for passenger side after FAD delete. Rear chromoly are cheap insurance too. Carry the stockers as spares.
Sponsored