Sponsored

Sting-Gray Neutral Pres.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Diesel
I immediately recognize the name and even the pupper, apparently we have similar vehicular preferences! While I won't be building my Gladiator for overlanding, I am still curious how the slide-in camper compares to the Westy?
(I'm AKA "flomulgator" BTW)
Sponsored

OP
OP
rchandler341

rchandler341

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I immediately recognize the name and even the pupper, apparently we have similar vehicular preferences! While I won't be building my Gladiator for overlanding, I am still curious how the slide-in camper compares to the Westy?
(I'm AKA "flomulgator" BTW)
As you know I love my Syncro. But I am after an overlanding rig that is more capable on and off the road. The pop-top camper is very much the same as sleeping in a Westy tent. I got spoiled once we installed the Hightop. So much quieter and better insulation. So I am back to noise but there is much more room inside the Phoenix. And it has a dedicated queen size bed.
There is no comparison between a vehicle engineered in 1987 and 2021. I have been waiting for a Jeep truck with a Diesel. The EcoDiesel Gladiator was a no brainer for me.

It is nice to see that we have some of the same preferences. Cheers!

OP
OP
rchandler341

rchandler341

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Ditto. I also own a 86 westy and would like to know how do they compare :).
The Syncro has only a couple hundred miles on it this year. The Gladiator over 11k. That probably sums up my answer.

Sting-Gray Neutral Pres.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Diesel
I also went with the ecodiesel. Was kinda hard to pass on the buttery smooth manual though, wish they had paired it with the diesel.
That’s wild to hear there’s more room in the Phoenix, I would’ve never guessed that based on footprint. does the Phoenix have stands or something to easily drive out from under it when not needed?
I think we’re pretty sold on converting the pop-top to a hightop at some point BTW, your thread on that was very informative.

Sponsored

wingdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
As you know I love my Syncro. But I am after an overlanding rig that is more capable on and off the road. The pop-top camper is very much the same as sleeping in a Westy tent. I got spoiled once we installed the Hightop. So much quieter and better insulation. So I am back to noise but there is much more room inside the Phoenix. And it has a dedicated queen size bed.
There is no comparison between a vehicle engineered in 1987 and 2021. I have been waiting for a Jeep truck with a Diesel. The EcoDiesel Gladiator was a no brainer for me.

It is nice to see that we have some of the same preferences. Cheers!
I am contemplating between b/w Kimbo and Phoenix for the same reasons. I feel with Phoenix it may be easier to find parking in the cities and less drag cruising on the interstates.