First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport, Auto,Tow package
Occupation
Retired Eng
I am not going to miss never being able to keep it clean but I liked how it looked those few minutes after a wash or at enough distance... but sadly ended up trading the Black High Altitude to a White Rubicon. :(

20220917_153833529_iOS.jpg

20220917_150448979_iOS.jpg
Could you give me info in the bed cap/cover? I not been able to find it.

Sponsored

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
New guy checking in with my new to me 2021 JTRD with the Mopar lift, Mopar step rails, Black Rhino wheels and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

What's the secret for keeping the black paint clean?

Last edited:

TheOpa

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber stuff
New guy checking in with my new to me 2021 JTRD with the Mopar lift, Mopar step rails, Black Rhino wheels and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

First, welcome to the black Gladiator club! Just to be clear, I was not laughing at your post. As a black Gladiator owner I was just laughing at the concept of keeping it clean. I live in the mid-Atlantic area and have pinstripes and scratches all over the place from wheeling, yet I still think I should routinely clean and even detail the black paint. I’m not alone in this obsession. 😎

Sponsored

Jesnamy01

First Name
Jesse and Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2022 Gladiator Sport S
Hello and welcome to the club. Please provide pictures of the new ride!

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
First, welcome to the black Gladiator club! Just to be clear, I was not laughing at your post. As a black Gladiator owner I was just laughing at the concept of keeping it clean. I live in the mid-Atlantic area and have pinstripes and scratches all over the place from wheeling, yet I still think I should routinely clean and even detail the black paint. I’m not alone in this obsession. 😎
All good. My previous JKU (silver) was the same way with trail wear but a simple pressure wash and it was looking good enough. I tried that with this JT and it was an absolute fail. LOL. Perhaps I just need a decent quick detail spray that I can use between washes.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link

basically it requires constant attention. Get some good water repelling wax. Water spots drive me nuts and if they are all over my hood then Ive got to clean it haha.
in this thread I talk about chemical guys hydro slick, and ask a dumb question about it being a gel even though its says gel right on the bottle. I like the stuff but its a PAIN to put on. dont let it dry but it takes the black to a whole other level imo.

ATX_Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD
Occupation
IT
basically it requires constant attention. Get some good water repelling wax. Water spots drive me nuts and if they are all over my hood then Ive got to clean it haha.
in this thread I talk about chemical guys hydro slick, and ask a dumb question about it being a gel even though its says gel right on the bottle. I like the stuff but its a PAIN to put on. dont let it dry but it takes the black to a whole other level imo.
It seems I have a rabbit hole to go down as I didn't even realize this forum had that section. As for your thread about the product. I'm not quite ready to do the ceramic coating stuff as I've heard you need to clay bar and polish the paint before applying.

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
It seems I have a rabbit hole to go down as I didn't even realize this forum had that section. As for your thread about the product. I'm not quite ready to do the ceramic coating stuff as I've heard you need to clay bar and polish the paint before applying.
oh lord no. this is a hybrid product not full ceramic coating but very similar.
wash your truck, dry your truck, DO NOT DO THIS IN THE SUN.
apply this similar to other waxes you may have used. Dont let it dry, its kinda hard to get back off. Youll get the hang of it. I like the product and still use it.
Sponsored