Sponsored

Black grille?

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
I’ve seen some Wranglers with “blacked out” grilles. Some have a face like appearance “Darth Vader” if you will. Is that aftermarket stuff or Mopar?
My goal is a Sting Gray body colour with a black grille but without the evil face stuff.
I think one of the prototype/concept was sporting this look on the front. Wonder how a matte black
wrap would hold up...?
Any one done this?
Cheers all.

CAE71712-7C55-4953-B4A0-87F58230ACE8.jpeg
Sponsored

awas

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara, Jeep Grand Cherokee,
I’ve seen some Wranglers with “blacked out” grilles. Some have a face like appearance “Darth Vader” if you will. Is that aftermarket stuff or Mopar?
My goal is a Sting Gray body colour with a black grille but without the evil face stuff.
I think one of the prototype/concept was sporting this look on the front. Wonder how a matte black
wrap would hold up...?
Any one done this?
Cheers all.

CAE71712-7C55-4953-B4A0-87F58230ACE8.jpeg

It’s Mopar. On the JT order sheet
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...adiator-jt-order-guide-updated-monthly.15368/

It’s the Mopar black satin grille MHJ - MSRP $195.

Bravo Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma
Jeep will sell you that grille as a add on straight from the factory (eventually) or as a separate purchase from Mopar, the wrap would be cheaper though. The angry eyes are a whole different animal.

OP
OP
Moab

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Thanks guys. Didn’t see that. I need to view these on something other than a smart phone screen.
Appreciate the responses.

nerdridesbikes

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado
not to be that guy, but I did black plastic-dip on my JK and my Colorado and it held up for years. nice matte finish. I was going to do grille black, but I decided I wanted to be able to keep the chrome under it for resale on my Colorado...

Sponsored

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
It’s Mopar. On the JT order sheet
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...adiator-jt-order-guide-updated-monthly.15368/

It’s the Mopar black satin grille MHJ - MSRP $195.
Speaking of the front grills… I have a sport S gladiator and I cringe at the front grill as I love the two-tone that the Sahara, Overland and the Rubicon‘s have… Is there a way to order a front grill with a specific color preferably black with the silver insert ?? how would one go about getting this ?

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of the front grills… I have a sport S gladiator and I cringe at the front grill as I love the two-tone that the Sahara, Overland and the Rubicon‘s have… Is there a way to order a front grill with a specific color preferably black with the silver insert ?? how would one go about getting this ?
For what I've seen your best bet is aftermarket bezel inserts. You'll find lots of these for JL's on eBay. They just snap in or adhere with 3M tape.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Does anyone know if the Gladiator grille is the same size as the JL Wrangler grille?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
It is larger than the slots on the JL grille to increase airflow for greater towing capacity.
Just found this out as well. Forgot about the wider slots. Other than the wider slots it's the same width.
Thanks.

Sponsored

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
thank you
For what I've seen your best bet is aftermarket bezel inserts. You'll find lots of these for JL's on eBay. They just snap in or adhere with 3M tape.
thank you for the info! wasnt sure if jeep did somehting sneeky where the JT grille was slightly off in a way so you can only use JT insterts.

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just found this out as well. Forgot about the wider slots. Other than the wider slots it's the same width.
Thanks.
great post. i was thinking the same thing. may i ask what your doing with your grille/upgrading etc?

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
thank you

thank you for the info! wasnt sure if jeep did somehting sneeky where the JT grille was slightly off in a way so you can only use JT insterts.
I believe that is the case where they will be specific to the JT due to the size differences. The JT slots are larger.

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that is the case where they will be specific to the JT due to the size differences. The JT slots are larger.
BEAUTIFUL Glad you have (in ur pic)

vegas_rubi

First Name
Margie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2dr Rubicon
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
BEAUTIFUL Glad you have (in ur pic)
It looks like the most recent order sheet has removed the black grille option. :( I'm going to txt my salesman and see if its still available.
Sponsored