Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like the most recent order sheet has removed the black grille option. :( I'm going to txt my salesman and see if its still available.
ohhh Nooo! hopefully you can get it. i can't see why not! keep us posted
Sponsored

DrBobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
When I ordered my Punk'n Orange Gladiator with the TrailCam I tried to order the satin black grill but it would not let us. It looks like the TrailCam is attached to the grill.

mpinch

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2013 BMW X3 (wifes), 2007 BMW 328XI Coupe, 1998 BMW 328IS Coupe, 2003 Triumph Speed Four
Occupation
Engineer
This is my first post... Been a long time follower but figured I start contributing. :) Just Ordered my JT two weeks ago, more to come on that later.

Wanted to shed some positive light on this - Was at the dealership this past weekend and they do sell the satin black grill! Mopar part # 6KM36TZZAA for $133. This is considerably less expensive than what they quoted me before I placed my order. Glad I didn't order as I will pick up from the parts counter after I take delivery. This almost sounds too good to be true, so check with your local dealers parts counter.

sodak

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator rubicon
Sweet ...Thank You.. Calling on this in the morning.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Search is your friend... ;)

Went back and forth on it (black grille) since seeing it at the L.A. Auto Show back in December. And now I’m sooooo glad I did it. Ties in nice with with my black roof.

There’s four ways to get a black grille and still have it be reversible if you don’t like it:

- Super Budget: Plastic-Dip it $20

- Limited Budget: vinyl wrap <$120???

- Budget: unpainted Sport grille (note - you lose body color lower lip on grille unless you paint it) $200

- No Budget: Mopar Black Satin Grille (and you have the option of swapping over your Rubicon body color lower grille prices or staying all black) $300

Guess you could also talk a JL or JT owner with a black vehicle who Angry Birded (why???) their Jeep out of their OEM gloss back grille. Couple years ago I bought a new JK takeoff grille for $75...
Yes, my satin black grille is a Mopar JL/JT part. Not cheap, but the finish is perfect. It actually seems to make bug removal very easy too. I'm hoping rock chips are also less visible (time will tell).
The slots are marginally wider on the Gladiator grille vs. the Mopar Satin Black grille. See attached photo.

Also, the plastic mesh does have more but smaller holes on the black grille. Probably not able to swap the mesh between grilles.

I’m not going to be doing much towing. If I was towing 7,000+ pounds uphill I’d want maximum airflow to the radiator.

Last weekend I drove through the Eastern Sierra Mountain valley in almost 100* temps with the A/C on full blast and driving over 75MPH...and coolant stayed below 1/2 mark on temp scale.

8E5A940F-0D26-414C-B07F-F2A265774468.jpeg
B8AEB214-D40B-4355-9194-B674BE7CDA8B.jpeg

DCF08441-4732-41DC-A5E9-0F14D61BD111.jpeg

FB8B9266-4A6D-4938-81F9-315C116B286A.jpeg

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Mopar part # 6KM36TZZAA for $133. This is considerably less expensive than what they quoted me before I placed my order. This almost sounds too good to be true...
I’ll check my part # for you. That sounds like the price point for an unpainted Sport Grille and not the Mopar Black Satin Grille. See above for differences

sodak

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll check my part # for you. That sounds like the price point for an unpainted Sport Grille and not the Mopar Black Satin Grille. See above for differences
Called this morning... They can't find that part #....Do you have the part #for the jl Satin grille?... and ifi read this correctly .. It fits just the grille slots are not as big .. Correct?.

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Does it come with the Gladiator specific honeycomb or is it like the JL? Or can you use the one that came with the truck like for those of us with a front camera?
Look close at my pic a few posts above comparing the two grills...white is stock Gladiator.

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
anyone selling a stock one they're taking off?

sodak

Banned
Banned
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That didn't answer my question.
From the pic above.. and my own research on the world wide web.. the black jl grille comes with its own mesh.. which is smaller than the JT's.. as far as interchangeability , he has no idea and neither do I till mine arrives. Hope this helps.
Sponsored