Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Caterpillar technical communicator
Vehicle Showcase
Well. There's removable and then there's removable. C'mon aftermarket!! It's still the coolest and the reason half of us spent years drooling. And OP saw it. Like in person!!! I would pay money for that.. Now, in the long-standing tradition of thread jacking, there's always this:

Jeep Gladiator Blast from the past. IMG_0523
that was the one that led me down this path. I almost bought one of the truck conversion years ago and talked myself out of it.
Sponsored

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
That was one of the concepts unveiled at the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab in 2005. It was always one of my favorite concepts, even though the top was not removeable..

Jeep Gladiator Blast from the past. IMG_0523
This was my favorite. Especially the color, love that green. Had it on a 2010. Willy's on my route has a spare on both sides. I'll snap a pic next time I'm there

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That’s when I decided I would buy a Gladiator!!!!!
That was one of the concepts unveiled at the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab in 2005. It was always one of my favorite concepts, even though the top was not removeable..

Untitled-1.jpg

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
The tire mount was one of my favorite features of the truck...reminded me of my '54 Chevy pickup. Any photos I took of it are probably long gone, but here are a few from the net that show the interior, canvas top, and extendable bed. Even though the full top did not come off, the canvas was an acceptable alternative...not far removed from the Sunrider. If I remember right, the rear seat somehow folded under the bed and the bulkhead could be slid forward to make the bed a full 8 feet long. The Jeep reps who were there did not know how it worked so it was not demonstrated. The reps at the Safari usually aren't very knowledgable. The year they introduced the JK, they could not even explain how to fold the windshield. I told the Jeep reps in 2005 that I would buy the Gladiator if they ever built it.

8499502.jpg

8499634.jpg

2005-jeep-gladiator-concept.jpg
Interesting...., Due to the spare tire mount and design, it looks like they moved the rear wheels farther back than the new Gladiator with less overhang.... I believe I like the design of our newer gladiators with the rear wheels closer to the rear of the cab....

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I recently sold my Comanche and bought the Gladiator. I had that Comanche for over 20 years. It was great for knocking around on the weekends and hauling things from Lowe's. Overall, without a back seat area, it was really limited. In fact, I remember reading the reason Chrysler shot the Comanche in the head was because it couldn't compete without a back seat and that wouldn't work with the unibody design.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
that was the one that led me down this path. I almost bought one of the truck conversion years ago and talked myself out of it.
Wow! Have not seen one like yours, save for the originals. Very cool. I was also close on the conversion