First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willy
Occupation
SM
I have noticed an issue if I answer a call while my phone is on blue tooth its hardly audible but, on carplay its normal. While on Blue my volume is all the way up on stereo an on my phone. Same for music in my library or using a steaming service on blue is lower volume then on carplay. I looked in jeep settings and couldnt find any thing or on my phone. Anyone else hearing the difference from blue to carplay? My next steps is to get one of my andriods and try blue on that to help narrow down. Or maybe its a setting I am missing some where.

System - 8.4 premium sound
phone - Apple iPhone 11 with 15.4
Sponsored

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
It's garbage on Android to, it's hit or miss. Sometimes calls are fine others you can barely hear.

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
While a call is active or you're using Siri voice to text, try to adjust the volume on your phone. For some reason when a call or voice is engaged via bluetooth the radio audio controls seem to be overridden by the phone audio controls.

OP
OP
vital04

vital04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willy
Occupation
SM
I checked my phone volume and its all the way up but, will try again just to make sure. It may be a defect in the software if others are able to reproduce as well.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I have no volume issues with Bluetooth or Android Auto with USB. I can answer with Bluetooth, plug in the USB cable and continue the call without a drop or volume change.

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe unrelated but worth chiming in. When running Google Maps thru Car Play via USB, the volume on Turn by Turn directions are adjusted separately from the normal audio.

I noticed this when listening to Spotify and running Google Maps. The podcast was at my normal listening volume but when Google Maps chimes in with a turn alert, the volume coming out of the driver side speaker was really low. I fixed it by waiting for the next turn alert and increasing the volume. Now both Turn by Turn and normal audio are at acceptable levels.

336mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Gladiator
Glad I don’t have this issue - mine is clear as can be.
Sponsored