Sponsored

Bolt hood lock

Deleted member 28696

Has anyone installed the Bolt hood lock on a Gladiator with a forward facing camera? How did it go?
I doubt this BOLT would work with the Mopar front facing camera. I'm looking into the
Lasfit Stealth Anti-Theft Automatic Hood Lock
instead of the Bolt for that reason. You don't have to cut your grill either. It seems a bit more complicated to install since you have to route the pneumatic hoses into the cab but it seems doable. It uses your Fob to unlock and lock with your hood latch. it doesn't go into the front camera area which is the whole purpose of this unit and its' a cleaner install in the grill area.
Sponsored

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
FYI , for those that purchased the lock, mine started rusting . Notified bolt lock, they told me they would replace it free . They even sent a shipping label. Way to go bolt lock !

F356A2C5-E9A8-407C-9C0D-F1AC002C0086.jpeg

781A01DA-66AF-4E89-9D8B-8449728A9115.jpeg

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
have to add something to my post ….. ( not a good thing )
I sent back the defective lock and they received it on March 9. Today is the 31st of March and a new one hasn’t shipped out . I’ve been in constant communication with a rep and can’t understand why they haven’t shipped a new one. I’m a little disappointed and don’t like leaving my Jeep’s battery unprotected or worse . Especially with the trend of stealing Jeeps. I know it doesn’t prevent theft of the car, but might serve as a deterrent or at least slow them down . I hope I get my replacement soon.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
That's one of those items where a replacement should have been sent with a return label, even if it means putting holding a charge on the card until the return arrived.

Sponsored

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
update , numerous emails sent with no response . Tomorrow , the ninth , will be a month since they received the lock. Still no tracking label or response from customer service . Terrible . I’m Just hoping no one steals my battery or worse , the whole truck .

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Still no response to my emails or a replacement lock.
you can’t make this up.

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
bolt lock finally answered my numerous emails and stated they apologize for the delay and are working on it . One month and ten days since they received my defective lock and no replacement to date .

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Finally received an email that the replacement will arrive on Tuesday, 47 days after they received defective product .
Sponsored

Reactions: RSK