Sponsored

Can you opt to lease when vehicle is ready?

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
I have placed my order and intend to purchase in full when it is ready, but hearing about the lease deals makes me want to consider it as an option. Is it possible to opt for a lease on a custom ordered vehicle once it's ready? I would have thought no, but ...
Sponsored

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
I have placed my order and intend to purchase in full when it is ready, but hearing about the lease deals makes me want to consider it as an option. Is it possible to opt for a lease on a custom ordered vehicle once it's ready? I would have thought no, but ...
The final paperwork is signed when you get the keys. You can change any payment options you want.

Last edited:

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
The final paperwork is signed when you get the keys. You can change any payment options you want.
Is there anything stopping the dealer from changing the the terms of the agreement before the order as well? Could the dealer try to alter the sales price before the final paperwork? I'm close to dropping a deposit, and with the discussions about FCA not honoring the FCA affiliate and employee pricing, I'm worried dealers might renege on the agreed price. It would be really terrible to wait 2+ months for your truck to arrive, and then have to decide between paying a couple of grand more, or waiting for FCA to honor affiliate pricing and order the truck again and waiting even longer.

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Is there anything stopping the dealer from changing the the terms of the agreement before the order as well? Could the dealer try to alter the sales price before the final paperwork? I'm close to dropping a deposit, and with the discussions about FCA not honoring the FCA affiliate and employee pricing, I'm worried dealers might renege on the agreed price. It would be really terrible to wait 2+ months for your truck to arrive, and then have to decide between paying a couple of grand more, or waiting for FCA to honor affiliate pricing and order the truck again and waiting even longer.

I have a signed agreement on price with the dealer. I really don't think he would be able to change the price.
Sponsored