Sponsored

Can you order/build a jeep to your liking and still get discounts close to what dealers ask for vehicles on the lot?

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Just wondering if one can get a good discounted price for an order vehicle or it will not be even close to those vehicles that are seating on the lot?
Most vehicles I see have way to many extras like leather seats, painted fender flairs, metal bumpers, XM radios, etc, that I don't care about. Those items boost MSRP, but still luck some items that I would like, such as Aux switch, adaptive cruise control, LED, Proximity key.
Any particular forum dealers that I should be talking about it? Once you order how long is the wait time?
Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I think the answer is, it depends. There are a number of dealers that may be good to try to work with, depending on your area if you read through these threads:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ce-discussion-motor-inn-of-spirit-lake.26763/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...veryone-seeing-below-invoice-and-rates.29569/

For instance, Motor Inn of spirit lake does 5% off invoice (with affiliate discount/Tread Lightly). You can calculate out invoice using the worksheets on this site. Then try to find something comparable on a dealer lot. Unless your working with a dealer with good pricing or that is workable on price I think some of the below invoice deals that can be had from ordering can be better than those on a lot.

But it's all relative to what trim level your looking at. I've seen some pretty darn good deals off dealer lots for sports/overlands. Less so for Rubicon models but still good deals to be had on those too.

If you have a very specific build you want and aren't looking to compromise on it, then ordering is the way to go. When I've looked at other vehicles, usually you would be able to get whatever incentives are offered at the time of vehicle delivery on top of whatever price was agreed to at the time of the order. So if you ordered at 5% under invoice, and a 2K incentive was active WHEN YOUR VEHICLE IS BUILT, DELIVERED, AND PICKED UP BY YOU, then you would get that incentive also.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I think the answer is, it depends. ... a 2K incentive was active WHEN YOUR VEHICLE IS BUILT, DELIVERED, AND PICKED UP BY YOU, then you would get that incentive also.
I ordered mine before the shutdown, and when there was only the 2K incentive. My dealer told me that I would get whatever incentive is in effect at the time of delivery, just as you have said.

More recently, when Jeep started offering the steeper discounts, I contacted corporate customer service and asked if those incentives would apply to an ordered vehicle, and the answer was "talk to your dealer about it". Ultimately it boils down to what discounts FCA gives the dealer, and dealer good will. We shall see, as I still wait.

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
I just placed my order with Tri City in NC. I bought my JL from them, and i'm taking advantage of their savings on my Gladiator. I found based on my must haves, I ended up with other extras such as leather seats and adaptive cruise control on the vehicles on the lot which drove the price up. By ordering through them, using my affiliate code and going with one of their lenders it comes out to 7% below invoice. I'm not sure what all is available out near you, but I think looking in to ordering is worth it.
Sponsored