Sponsored

Canadian Overlanders! Are you out there?

Orillian

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Dev.
Where do all the Canadian Overlanders hang out besides here?

My wife and I have been doing cross Canada "overland"esque camping treks in our Jeeps. Started 6 years back with our JKU and then the JLU and now we have shifted gears to the Gladiator. Each Jeep has moved us a little closer to the "overland" build we want to have. For a long time we camped in the Jeep, light weight with minimal extras. But we always wanted a bit more space and a bit more room for the extras. We spent a lot of time looking at campers and trailer options. Which is what moved us up to the JLU which allowed us to get one with a MUCH better tow capacity from the original JK, but we couldn't find a trailer we liked. Looked at mounting a RTT on the JLU, hitch boxes and the like, but nothing was catching our fancy. Then the Gladiator showed up! We picked up our new Sting Grey Sport S a couple weeks ago and I'm excited to see where she can take us!

That all said, We have been doing this type of thing in a vacuum. We have met no one else looking to Overland in Canada. There are Jeeps and Jeep owners of all shapes and sizes around these parts (Southern Alberta) but I'm struggling to find anyone who is actually into Overlanding. I know you are out there!

So what I'm asking I guess is... Where are you all?

O.
Sponsored

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
There's some groups on Facebook, Overland Canada and Ontario Overland that get some traffic. But yeah, not much discussion that I can find either. I got my JT in May but with the current restrictions and slow shipping and production of parts it's been difficult to progress much. Took nearly 3 months to get a rack delivered, things are so behind.

OP
OP

Orillian

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Dev.
There's some groups on Facebook, Overland Canada and Ontario Overland that get some traffic. But yeah, not much discussion that I can find either. I got my JT in May but with the current restrictions and slow shipping and production of parts it's been difficult to progress much. Took nearly 3 months to get a rack delivered, things are so behind.
Thanks for the heads up. I was afraid people would tell me everything was on Facebook. I'm loath to create an account, people you don't want around find you that way! ;)

Again thanks for the help!

O.

Giljr572

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S "Max Tow"
Occupation
Military
Thanks for the heads up. I was afraid people would tell me everything was on Facebook. I'm loath to create an account, people you don't want around find you that way! ;)

Again thanks for the help!

O.
Overland Bound also has a pretty good Canadian presence on their forums and organize all kinds of meets. It's also a good place to find "Overland" people if you don't want to get on FB. It's also more civilized...

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
not overlanding yet.....life (work) and covid getting in the way, maybe once I fully retire, I can spend some time traversing across our great nation and visit sites that I came across in the military, and some I didn't get a chance to get to yet. not on any social sites other than this one, so I feel your hesitance for FB and such.

Sponsored

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Gladiator
If you are ever in Ontario, let me know. I am 2 hours from Toronto, and we are planning a week long Overlanding trip in the first week of September.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like a plan, spent some time in southern Ontario (Hamilton, Waterloo area) many moons ago, and a bit of time up around the Collingwood/ Blue Mountain area

Doonan

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2004 harley Davidson XL1200R
Occupation
Helicopter Mechanic
Vehicle Showcase
I'm In southern Alberta we do most of our overland camping down south though... we do enjoy some waiparous camping too! shoot me a DM!
Sponsored