Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
And then a few hours later it came out that they're under investigation by the SEC. Watch that space, but it may be an uphill battle out of vaporware status. Personally, Canoo is my favorite EV startup I've seen so far in terms of the actual vehicle. I hope something good and real comes out of it.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
Being under investigation isn't bad...just means that someone needs to find out why the numbers look the way they do.

I love Canoo and I hope that they actually get to market. I like their plans for the consumer van as well as the truck.

OP
OP
CMac

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
The payload i can live with.... but the tow capacity with that much available torque is awful.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Background: I used to DD A '62 VW bus.

The thing that bugs me about the Canoo truck is that it LOOKS like it's cab over, but the front seats are in the second row. Kinda defeats the purpose. I get it; safety regs exist for a reason, and cab-over is a no go for a very good reason, but it seems like they could have at least put the drivers legs even with the front wheels rather than behind them like they did. The result is that you get what looks like a compact and ultra-functional double cab cab-over truck, but the back seats are barely there. Maybe if they stretched it a bit...

Still. Of all the electric trucks I've seen, it's the only one that's looked interesting enough to get me to sit up and pay attention.
Sponsored