Sponsored

CEO Predicts Gladiator will Canabalize a Portion of Wrangler Sales

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
So do you still say $3,000 for the Sport but $7,000 increase for the Rubi and if so please explain your logic?
You are soooooo tedious. No, I posited that in another post to address those who wanted a cheaper, bare bones model, as a possibility: sliding mark-up based on demand/trim, etc.

What I'm saying here, and I'll use small words so they'll be easier for you to misquote, is I am open to a lower pricing model, where all trims would be increased $2-3000 over a comparable JL, or 5-7% of the average, full line price.
I know that one post considering dynamic pricing has really had an effect on you, but it is not now nor ever has been my primary theory.

Everyone here is very grateful, however, for you for dragging that idea over here, though it has nothing to do with this thread nor my post found here. My open mindedness to the possibility that pricing is more complex than any of us has considered was all that I was trying to impart.
Back under your bridge now.:CWL:
Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
You are soooooo tedious. No, I posited that in another post to address those who wanted a cheaper, bare bones model, as a possibility: sliding mark-up based on demand/trim, etc.

What I'm saying here, and I'll use small words so they'll be easier for you to misquote, is I am open to a lower pricing model, where all trims would be increased $2-3000 over a comparable JL, or 5-7% of the average, full line price.
I know that one post considering dynamic pricing has really had an effect on you, but it is not now nor ever has been my primary theory.

Everyone here is very grateful, however, for you for dragging that idea over here, though it has nothing to do with this thread nor my post found here. My open mindedness to the possibility that pricing is more complex than any of us has considered was all that I was trying to impart.
Back under your bridge now.:CWL:
I understood most of your big words.:( What I could not wrap my mind around is how such an intellect as yourself could spout such nonsense and not have the backbone to answers a simple question. All I was asking then and now is if you could explain your logic on such nonsense.

Still no explanation just a little belittling on your behalf. I'm expressed :clap:

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
I understood most of your big words.
Maybe just not the small ones: "I am open to a lower pricing model, where all trims would be increased $2-3000 over a comparable JL, or 5-7% of the average, full line price."

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Maybe just not the small ones: "I am open to a lower pricing model, where all trims would be increased $2-3000 over a comparable JL, or 5-7% of the average, full line price."
So after many post spouting off about crazy price increases including big price differences between trim levels you have now came to the conclusion that the increases will follow all trim levels. That sounds like common sense to me.

Not sure what took you so long. Maybe your like my son. Book smart with no common sense. I hope he grows out of it. As you know many in his shoes do not.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bitchin' Schwinn
So after many post spouting off about crazy price increases including big price differences between trim levels you have now came to the conclusion that the increases will follow all trim levels. That sounds like common sense to me.

Not sure what took you so long. Maybe your like my son. Book smart with no common sense. I hope he grows out of it. As you know many in his shoes do not.
One last time, and I'm done with you:
In one post, one, I wrote, "$3k is low. Maybe on the Sport. Maybe..." in glib response to Quadratec's estimate. If this is spouting (what are forums for, then?), so be it. My steadfast belief is that it will be more. The only "...crazy price increase..." which, for some reason you see tatooed on my arm, was a reference to information a well-respected (regardless of what you, 1000 miles away, think of him) dealer shared with me.

Book smarts: A $3000 premium on a $30k Sport model would represent 10% or so. A $3000 premium on $60k Rubicon would represent 5%. Thus would amount to a 5-10% increase over the JL, still being a fixed amount represented by varying percentages.I wrote this in December: "But I also think the mark-up percentage will be a bit higher on the lower priced models, because the dollar amount will be about the same. In other words, if they need to get $4-5k-ish premium on all JTs over the JLs, then look to about a $45k JTR base, $37k JTS base. So what amounts to 10% on the Rubi would effectively be around 15% on the Sport. I hope I'm guessing high, but seeing how FCA has maxed profit on the JL, I think this price strategy will be inline with corporate pricing policy to date".

Common sense: The standard, across the board rather high increase is now and has always been my primary theory, but I am open to other possibilities, including a much lower mark-up (though still unlikely). I guess if you're going to troll and hijack a thread, at least be better prepared. I can only imagine your son's frustration trying to explain something as fluid as a theory to you.
"What's your favorite color?" "Purple. I like red and blue, too." "But, your favorite color, how would you describe it?" "I dunno, violet? A combination of red and blue? Short, dark wavelengths of visible light?" "But you said before it was purple. Why has that changed?"
I will be ignoring your further posts, so enjoy sharing your vitriol with the other members of the audience here, and I hope you can work a little harder trying to understand your son rather than trying to make him "grow out" of his book smarts. At least I know enough to know that I know nothing.
Enjoy.

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
There’s no way it will come in at that price point. That would be awesome tho. Here’s to dreaming haha
Well, there's a soda pop waiting for the winner of this little debate!

It's cataclysmic pricing any higher.

I'm stubborn about not higher than GC Laredo.

Seriously, do you consider that JT will have highest base price out of all Jeep's?

On front page of jeep.com?

I haven't heard anyone agree to own that, is why I keep saying it.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
The competitor(nissan, honda, toyota, chevy, ford) Midsize trucks with automatic tran, power windows, 4x4, and crew cab start between $29k to $35k the most expensive is honda which includes moon roof and the rear storage. So the JT sport S w manual Tran should be between $27k and $33k. And sport manual between $25k to $31k. I'm guessing it will be more towards high 20's to 31k start. BASE ofcourse. Add auto transmission, tow package, hard top , cover/rear power outlet and your sport s will be over 40k msrp
Haluhfuckinglewyah!!!

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So do you still say $3,000 for the Sport but $7,000 increase for the Rubi and if so please explain your logic?

I'll jump in.

The entry point is anchored to all other jeep models and competition. Price matters at this price point.

The overland is new trim level, price as you like, no prob!

People buying a Rubi don't give a shit if premium is higher. They want stuff and will pay to get it, not price sensitive.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This thread made my day today. Thank you!!

"Then they rioted over the pricing model, unbeknownst to them, of a jeep pickup truck."

Sponsored

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
This thread made my day today. Thank you!!

"Then they rioted over the pricing model, unbeknownst to them, of a jeep pickup truck."
I’ve broadened my search to a few different trucks. If it’s higher than I like I’ll simply get something else. Def not worried about this pricing or losing any sleep over it. It’s a long ass truck. I really wish it was about 6” shorter. It’s cool, but the ZR2 is cool also and you can get that at 38k right now. This waiting game sucks tho lol.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’ve broadened my search to a few different trucks. If it’s higher than I like I’ll simply get something else. Def not worried about this pricing or losing any sleep over it. It’s a long ass truck. I really wish it was about 6” shorter. It’s cool, but the ZR2 is cool also and you can get that at 38k right now. This waiting game sucks tho lol.
That is good - sounds like you know if and when to jump into it. I'm only here for the Jeep. So it is maddening. I'm telling it, if these folks get sketchy on price, total dissatisfaction

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I'll jump in.

The entry point is anchored to all other jeep models and competition. Price matters at this price point.

The overland is new trim level, price as you like, no prob!

People buying a Rubi don't give a shit if premium is higher. They want stuff and will pay to get it, not price sensitive.
One could easily argue that the Overland is a Sahara with a name change and should be priced accordingly.

I plan on buying a Rubi and believe me I care if the premium is higher. Even if I had truck loads of cash laying around I would care about reasonable pricing.

Like anything else in life. If it is over priced it will not sell well.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Gobi is nice but im all in for the Gator!!

Agree with your first statement. Totally disagree with the second.

I’m a Rubi buyer, at a reasonable cost. I’m not just going to hand them a blank check simply because I want one though...

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Agree with your first statement. Totally disagree with the second.

I’m a Rubi buyer, at a reasonable cost. I’m not just going to hand them a blank check simply because I want one though...
WELL, I'LL SAY THIS . . . I APPROVE OF YOUR NEW AVATAR PHOTO ! I've been trying to get JAY to help post mine - the one over at the JL site (where i'm known as Lou3.6). Apparently it's too large for HERE but ok size over their ! (?).
Anyway, for all the rest of this ENDLESS BLACKHOLE of RERUNS, I first need to stock up on my jiffy pop popcorn, caffeine-free Coke (Cola, not weed, ha) and get comfy in my lounge chair ! All this "fun back and forth" on price got me all wore out ! On another note, I really don't think it wise or factual to be implying we could, or should, be comparing what some see as "the competition" and the new JT ! Especially in it's Rubi form ! Now the Raptor is a whole different beast and even has the RAM Rebel shaking in its boots ! It should - its real competition is the Power Wagon; but I've digressed !
though the JT "competition" - nissan, chevy, small Ford, Toyota . . . are similar, there are Distinct Differences ! Please tell me I don't need to make those Obvious Still/again ! SO, to the Jeep "enthusiast" JT IS in a class by itself ! If for the Non Enthusiast, then it's the windshield and removable roof ! Now leave me alone . . . the movie is about to start -- NO, it's not a Car movie, it's an old black & white WWII Navy movie ! See ya at the movies !
Sponsored