First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willy's Edition
Occupation
Retired/Disabled Military
I recently bought a 2021 Gladiator Willy's Edition Sport, manual, in firecracker red and it is so awesome! Sorry, my inner child came to the forefront. Anyway it's all I could afford. But I did upgrade the radio to 8.4 and the digital climate control panel from Infotainment because they weren't available in my trim package. I am wondering if any of you real experts can say for certain that I can purchase a wiring harness for the auto sensor and dash heat sensor and plug it into, somewhere under the dash? Infotainment provided both sensors but I can find no information for or against such an undertaking. When I asked my local dealer I got a look like one of those owls with the big, blinking eyes and no response which is what I expected. So, if'n any of ya'll have any helpful information, would you be so kind as to provide me with that information or at least where to find it? Here in the great state of Missouri (pronounced "misery") we have lots of hills and what not to ride around on.

If I can't, I can't. I do however know how to give my Jeep the finger...to change the temperature and push the off switch if things get to hot, or cold or whatever!

Tony
Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
If I understand correctly, you bought the 8.4 display after taking delivery and did the install. And the UI has all the climate control options, including Auto, as well as the plug on the wiring harness.

Your climate control panel, the hard buttons, do not have Auto?

I feel like you could find a wiring harness, but if the actual system doesn't have Auto, I'm not confident the UI option would control it.

I haven't read of anyone else doing this but hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

I would add that, having dual zone/auto climate, in the Jeep isn't that effective. I still find I'm making adjustments. Moreso in the Gladiator than any other vehicle I've owned with Auto climate.

Congratulations on the new Jeep! And welcome to the forum.

Jmo13523

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator 2019 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Police officer
In my sport s the wiring harness was already there the light sensor that’s already there on the dash just pops out and you plug the other one in it’s place. The temp sensor goes behind the drivers knee panel where the small vent looking place is below the push to start and the wiring harness should be pushed up hiding in that area. There’s already a slot to slide it in and mount. There was another post on this or the JL forum detailing this and also how to run a harness if for some reason they left it off but I don’t remember the title of that post, it was very detailed and written up though.

Jmo13523

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator 2019 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Police officer
Forgot to add, even after installing the sensors and the dual climate panel you won’t truly have dual climate because you have to install baffles in the ductwork behind the dash to block or allow the air to flow through certain vents. But I keep mine on sync and the auto works just fine

jludave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
I am wondering if any of you real experts can say for certain that I can purchase a wiring harness for the auto sensor and dash heat sensor and plug it into, somewhere under the dash?
This is from Infotainment:
  • 95% of Jeeps are pre-wired for the cabin temperature sensor and sun sensor. If your Jeep is not pre-wired then you will need to install custom wiring for full functionality of the kit.
Also, you will not get true dual zone functionality:
  • By using this kit you will not gain dual AUTO climate control. The climate must be adjusted using the driver's side controls only. It is recommended to utilize the "SYNC" button so the driver's side temperature and passenger's side temperature are the same.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MontytheAngry

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willy's Edition
Occupation
Retired/Disabled Military
So, all of this was zero help. But thanks for trying I guess. Yes I did, again purchase the 8.4 inch radio upgrade and added the digital climate control panel. The digital climate control kit came with the cabin climate temperature sensor and the dash heat sensor. Infotainment was adamant that there was a wiring harness available but that they did not sell it. I already did all of the research. Spoke extensively with Infotainment. My factory wiring harness does not have the plugs for either the dash heat sensor or the automatic cabin temperature sensor. I know that I will never have dual climate control. So I will repose the question in hopes that someone has specific information.

Infotainment does not supply nor do they have information regarding an after the fact wiring harness that connects to the heat sensor located up on the dash and the cabin automatic sensor that attaches under the dash behind the knee bolster. I am looking for a part number or where to find said wiring harness. After it is purchased and connected to the heat sensor and cabin sensor where would it plug into the cars main "something" under the dash? Infotainment offers an unhelpful video for the Gladiator since the video pertains to an older and different model of Jeep.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I don’t know Monty but saying they were Zero help after a guy that installed the clinate control in the same Sport model Jeep as yours and said wiring harness was hidden and tucked up behind push to start button is a little dismissive, perhaps look again maybe? I can’t see Jeep current models having vastly different wiring harness. Just saying....Jack

nilos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I am in same situation. Wiring does not exist in the Willys Sport. You will need to make it yourself. As mentioned (I think) a very detailed and thorough write up on JL forum. Problem is, some of the pins look to be currently unavailable. When I contacted Infotainment, they told me the dealership could build me the harness! I have not asked as I am thinking it won't be worth the effort to explain. Otherwise, happy with the Willys and happy with the Infotainment stuff - not sure why they don't just make a harness and sell it (pin availability issue asidd).

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler jl, 2018 ram 1500, 2014 jetta
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
its better to get the entire hvac harness. If you want real automatic dual zone system, you'll need it along with the 4 additional sensors.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
its better to get the entire hvac harness. If you want real automatic dual zone system, you'll need it along with the 4 additional sensors.
You realize this is from over 2 years ago - a long dead and settled thread - or if not settled, they likely gave up........
It's been well over 2 years since they were even here, so aren't going to see any new posts here.

Sponsored

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yep. But when I was visiting for the first time, I saw that dismal answer and gave up then. I have become addicted to making retrofits and happened onto it again and decided to respond just in case someone else sees the post and decides to not pursue because somebody isn’t making the harnesses anymore. If it was deleted then that would have been better. Instead all I can offer is that there is a better way instead of patching. How do I know? Cause I have patched it, but bought the actual harness anyways because you’re not just adding 2 sensors, but 6. Ofherwise, sorry about bringing up a old thread.

rhill2901

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have, like most on here when they upgraded their uconnect radio to the 8.4 screen, upgraded their center stack to move the volume control and tune controls to off the radio. Then added a sunlight sensor to get auto headlights, and then car temp sensor to get (fake) auto climate control. I have since added the right front lower sensor and the 2 upper sensors for the climate control. I now have true auto climate control. However, its only single zone. To get dual zone, I will have to add the right blend door system. I've been told the airbox for the autoclimate and manual climate control is identical. I'm wondering if there is a difference between the single zone and dual zone boxes? Is the right side blend door actually installed on a single zone airbox and its just not being used? If thats the case, then its possible to add the right blend door wiring and the actuator. As soon as I come across a climate control box for a manual or even a single zone vehicle, I will know more. Still working on those auto highbeams for a 2019 wrangler lol.
Sponsored