First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I have been a professional technical writer for over 15 years. It's my job to take complex, detailed information and distill it down into something that's easy for end-users to understand. Suffice to say, I pride myself on being able to comprehend even the most asinine jibberish that barely literate people call documentation.

All that said, I have absolutely no idea what the F- this is supposed to mean...

20210917_131437.jpg
Stick it in....wait 10 seconds...pull it out...then scan the qr code....read the information it gives you have a spare fuel tank on hand just in case...... DON'T under any circumstances.... EVER put E85 in the tank. Sums it up I think. It's like one of those beer caps you used to get with Lucky Lager.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
"While it may be “theoretically possible for a spark from a cell phone battery to ignite gas vapor,” the FCC concludes the potential threat is remote."

https://www.verizon.com/about/news/...ell-phone-at-the-gas-station-can-cause-a-fire

My earbuds have shocked me when I've put them into my ears before. Cell phones and their peripherals operate using electricity. The chance of ignition is definitely remote, but it's not zero.
Yup -

There have been no fires reported at gas stations attributed to cell phone ignition in the last 20 years.” ... The Petroleum Equipment Institute in Oklahoma began investigating refuelling fires in the 1990s and learned that static electricity was a potential cause of accidents, not cellphones.
Mar 12, 2019

And -

The WUSA9 verify team tracks down the facts on these kind of viral claims you see online.
Verify viewer Lashelle Roundtree asked the verify team can using a cell phone at a gas pump lead to an explosion?
Lashelle came across an article that claims a car exploded at a gas station after parents let their kids play a mobile game on a cell phone.
But our team tracked down the original incident that happened in Brazil where a woman was killed in the exploding vehicle, no cell phone usage as the culprit, local reports said it was build-up of pressure inside a natural cylinder.
And a recent report from the Petroleum Equipment Institute who studies the causes of hundreds of refueling fires, said they have no reported incidents of cell phone usage being the cause explosions or fires at gas pumps.
The FCC said wireless industry studies have shown the potential threat of cells igniting flames is very remote and testing did not find a dangerous link between wireless and fuel vapors.
After checking with industry experts, we verified false, cell phone usage does not lead to gas pump explosions.
Due to static electricity, the wireless industry suggests phone users always consult their owner's manuals for information on the use of the phone and should follow all posted instructions at gas stations.

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
The arrow pointing up/right is what confuses me. You pull the gas line out away from the truck. You don't remove it by forcing it up and toward the vehicle.

What a stupid diagram... lol
Jeep wanted to make sure you know how to pull out

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
The arrow pointing up/right is what confuses me. You pull the gas line out away from the truck. You don't remove it by forcing it up and toward the vehicle.

What a stupid diagram... lol
Open your fuel filler door, it is actually at the angle as depicted in the diagram and you do pull it up to the right as well. I take it Fiat doesn't head hunt diagram makers from theme parks based on your reaction here. 😂 just poking fun, but the diagram was easy to depict to me as well. Since you work in that field you may look at it with a different view point or method?

Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I’m glad someone explained this to me 😂

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I interpret the right side to read: "Look out for giant red fuel cans as tall as your bed whenever you back up in your windowless truck."

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
The gas can next to the truck is a bit confusing. Perhaps it is indeed just saying to fill them on the ground, but it would be more effective to have the can in the bed with the prohibition slash instead. Is it maybe saying only use a real gas can to add fuel?

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We live in a world of complete idiots on one side and corporate lawyers on the other.

Does that help?
And every time they idiot-proof something, the world comes up with a better idiot?

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Obviously Jeep wants you to get your Gladiator pregnant. Although, 10 seconds seems a little excessive.

DREDnot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2012 Chevy Caprice PPV, 1998 M1123
Occupation
Centurion, Earth Occupation Forces
It was perfectly obvious to me when I first saw it. Never thought twice about it being visually backward.
What did catch my eye was the 10 second wait. I surmised it was long enough to keep that "last little drop" from ending up on the WIDE plastic fender right there and the horrendous effects it probably caused in testing. I tried a 5 count and got a drip on the fender. 10 count and no more drip till you are a ways away if at all.
Sponsored