First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Ecodiesel
Occupation
Education
I have a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S and it has the suspension bottoming issue. I have report the problem to transport Canada. Additionally I have wear marks on the control arms where metal on metal contact is showing metal damage. The bump stops are not protecting the control arms and they are starting to rust. My dealer goes back and forth about whether there is a problem, or even if this is consider damage. See pics.

20211110_162420.jpg

20211110_162131.jpg
Sponsored

Jakeyou

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I have a 2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S and it has the suspension bottoming issue. I have report the problem to transport Canada. Additionally I have wear marks on the control arms where metal on metal contact is showing metal damage. The bump stops are not protecting the control arms and they are starting to rust. My dealer goes back and forth about whether there is a problem, or even if this is consider damage. See pics.

Jeep Gladiator Control arm damage Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel suspension bottoming out 20211110_162131

Jeep Gladiator Control arm damage Jeep Gladiator Ecodiesel suspension bottoming out 20211110_162131
Do you have any pics of the control arms??

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How about a picture of the top, a picture might be worth a thousand words but it needs to show the whole story. 😉 In the past I've seen marks like that after a bump stops are trashed (on XJ's and TJ's ECT) if it wasn't so wet n raining here I could snap a picture of the same thing on my LJ rear coil buckets. But that would be only partial info.... The bump stops on it are shot.🙄

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Those arent control arms. Those are the spring seats where the bump stops hit. Doesnt really look like damage so much as scuffed paint. Hit it with the some paint at the minimum to keep it from rusting.

Sponsored

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
Mountains out of mole hills. Scuffed paint, Sucks it keep bottoming out but until you do something or wait for jeep to do something all you can do is hit bumps slower.

Jeep will just claim the damage is driver related until they collect enough data from other claims to point to a systematic design flaw and issue a recall.

Options:
fix yourself with one of the many solution discussed here
sell it for somthing that handles bumps better
try to pursue a lemon law/small claims court for an inherent flaw in the design leading to chronic problem

cotnballs2000

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, past- USAF vehicle mechanic
So do you feel/hear them when they bottom out? When and how often does this happen
Sponsored