Control arm issue/question

Lance126

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Installed Teraflex alpine lower control arms after i had installed a JKS lift on my JT, bought new tires and wheels and figured since I had it in the shop might as well have the alignment done/checked. When i picked it up i started to notice a “clunk”. Every once in awhile, decided to check things out and noticed that my lower control arms where set completely different. Called the shop and questioned them about and the gave me the run around about how you can’t measure things and so forth. Fast forward, i decided to have the steering brace installed at a different local shop and ask them to check my alignment.. They said everything looked good to them the adjusted my camber some.... attached are the pics of my passenger and drivers side control arms at the lower mount. Maybe it’s just me but this doesn’t seem right.....from the factory the control arms are a set length, instructions from Teraflex had the arms at a set length but after alignment they are adjusted differently and look to be in quite a bit of a bind, which is where the clunk appears to be coming from...maybe its just me, but this doesn’t look right???/ Looking for a little input from those with more experience...i will say this is the fourth lift I’ve installed and never had this issue before..???/ top pick is passenger side and bottom is drivers side....
Jeep Gladiator Control arm issue/question DA6C6A70-CAA7-4FD4-8CBA-F9308692D59F
Jeep Gladiator Control arm issue/question 68E77EE1-D931-430C-A4B6-A451CC0AB6D3
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you mean caster as camber can't be adjusted. That's the tilt in or out of the top of the wheel.
That's set unless you replace the ball joints with special ones.

Top pic = good; bottom pic = bad.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Almost looks like the bottom picture the end should be rotated 180 degrees like it is angled and has to be set that way. Also quite a difference in amount of thread showing between the two.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does Teraflex arms have a "right /left" setting for the axle joint end AKA angled threaded joint end?
Thanks Mac I was just typing this about that. :like:
It looks like it should be turned 180° then installed.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Almost looks like the bottom picture the end should be rotated 180 degrees like it is angled and has to be set that way. Also quite a difference in amount of thread showing between the two.
This. It’s unbelievable that shops put stuff out the door like this...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lance126

Lance126

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
I hope you mean caster as camber can't be adjusted. That's the tilt in or out of the top of the wheel.
That's set unless you replace the ball joints with special ones.

Top pic = good; bottom pic = bad.
that was my thought, the front end almost sits “cocked” . Left wheel is closer to the cab than the passenger wheel. And with how it sits in the cradle really seems to be a bad angle, but both shops told me everything is good???? Thing I’ll jack it up and make some adjustments myself, (old school string test) and see how it goes...
Thank you for the input.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
that was my thought, the front end almost sits “cocked” . Left wheel is closer to the cab than the passenger wheel. And with how it sits in the cradle really seems to be a bad angle, but both shops told me everything is good???? Thing I’ll jack it up and make some adjustments myself, (old school string test) and see how it goes...
Thank you for the input.
I think mac and blade are right...... needs a 180 turn. (and their other comments, too)
Sponsored