First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Hello Folks, new member here, first post and I just wanted to introduce myself…(I couldn't find the "New Members Into" folder which many sites have and I appoligize if I missed it, but I see some new members use this folder to introduce themselves).

I am a Retired Electrical Engineer (3 years ago) in my 60’s and looking to get back out in the “dirt”. I do not own a truck at the moment but will be purchasing one as soon as the 2022 models come out. I am very interested in the Gladiator-Mohave (strongest contender right now). I am spending a lot of time researching the truck and thought that I can learn a heck of a lot more from the people who actually own them and drive them here on the forum.

My only experience on the “dirt” was my Honda-CR250 Motocross Dirt-bike back some 30 years ago. It was a lot of fun for a good # of years, trail riding, and doing some jumping in excavation pits they use to have around here back then. The bike was a 2 stroke “beast” back in the day. Don’t know how it stacks up to with today’s motocross bikes.

But 30 years later LOL, my body couldn’t withstand that “brutality” 😉, and I think 4WD Truck would be the perfect way to go at this point to get back out there. I prefer a truck over a “jeep” per se because of the extra utility of the bed which will come in handy around the house and town.

My core-values are basic stuff:

• I love God.
  • I love my Family and Close Friends.
  • I Love my Country (that is, the country our Founding Fathers envisioned and stipulated in the Constitution of the United States). I am a U.S. Navy Veteran (4 years in the 70’s) and feel very strongly about the First and Second Amendments (just to name a few of them).
  • I love nature and am committed to doing my part to preserve both lands and wildlife.
Glad to meet all you Guys and Gals, I hope some of your experience and insight rubs off on me over time.

Thanks,

-Joe
Sponsored

SoftPigeon

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Technician
From another first time jeep owner (as soon as it gets delivered.......) I would like to say welcome and also thank you for your service and going before me! I also was in the Navy. 2004 - 2012. Wanted to do a full 20 but was up for reenlistment in a rate which was overmaned at the same time as a certan president wanted to downsize.... Anyways, hope you enjoy your new truck as i look forward to as well! Again, welcome!

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
From another first time jeep owner (as soon as it gets delivered.......) I would like to say welcome and also thank you for your service and going before me! I also was in the Navy. 2004 - 2012. Wanted to do a full 20 but was up for reenlistment in a rate which was overmaned at the same time as a certan president wanted to downsize.... Anyways, hope you enjoy your new truck as i look forward to as well! Again, welcome!
Thanks for the welcome Trevor!

And thanks for your service also!

Good luck with your new Gladiator when you get it...

I havn't oredered mine yet, but I am 90% there. I just have 3 concerns (none are showstopers) which I will post about soon to get the "true" story on the issues from owners rather than second hand from places like Mototrend and Consumer reports.

The trucks are extreemly well made as far as I can tell, well thought out in form and function, and made in America too. Pretty exciting.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Shameless plug.... but if you look up the "OFFRD" channel on YouTube, there are a lot of great Gladiator informational videos over the last 2 years. Particularly starting around May 2019. Some of them may be of use if you're trying to learn the basics of what you can do with these trucks.

Welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Shameless plug.... but if you look up the "OFFRD" channel on YouTube, there are a lot of great Gladiator informational videos over the last 2 years. Particularly starting around May 2019. Some of them may be of use if you're trying to learn the basics of what you can do with these trucks.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome WXman...I checked out the U-Tube channel - it will keep me busy for a while :).

Sponsored

Midnight Rider

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S, RIP.
Occupation
Senior Construction Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome from the St. Louis area. Lot’s of good info & people here.
Thank you for your service.

OP
OP
joeym7

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Welcome from the St. Louis area. Lot’s of good info & people here.
Thank you for your service.
Thank you Sir!

And yep, I can already tell how much knowledge and insight you folks have on the subject, and the spirit of adventure is obvious too.
Sponsored