First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
I have a line on a lockable storage box and I might be getting it this week. As of now, I have the open storage with the partition. It's convenient since I can put groceries in the partition and keep them from rolling around. Is this feasible with the lockable storage? It looks like the storage area inside is a lot smaller but it's hard to tell from the photos. Also, from what I understand, it's difficult to get the lock re-keyed to my ignition key. Has anyone had any success getting one of the boxes re-keyed to their factory key? Another option would be to either use a padlock or put in an entire new cylinder but it would be nice if I could avoid all of that.

Lastly, has anyone seen any good boxes that will fit under the rear seat and can be bolted down? That would be the most cost effective option but it looks like nobody makes anything specific to the JT yet.
Sponsored

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
I have the factory lockable box and I’d only get it again if I planned on doing a lot of top-off adventures where I left it places and wanted to keep more small gear items locked up.

It doesn’t feel like a great use of space. I keep some spare batteries for things, a jump pack, 25’ air line and air up/down accessories, sometimes my tri-ball hitch and there’s not much room for anything else. I’m not sure what it was designed with protecting in mind, cellphones and a purse maybe.

OP
OP

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
Thanks for the reply. Do you feel that it would be easy for someone to break into it? I was looking at the lockable center console and it's only held down with a piece of plastic. I feel I could rip the top off by hand if I pulled hard enough while it was locked. Does the underseat box at least seem strong enough to deter someone from just ripping it open?
Sponsored