Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
At the 2 second and 11 second there's a noise that I can't figure out. I've torqued the components on the passenger side. I just started hearing this noise a couple weeks ago.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gvsukids

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Updated videos.

KamD

First Name
Kam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Rubicon
It’s only allowing me to watch a couple seconds of each video for some reason but it sounds very similar to the issue I’m experiencing.
Started in the passenger and now is happening on both ends. It sounds like the noise is coming from the frame mount side of my front control arms.
almost like they’re in a bind. Are you running all OEM control arms? Do you have a lift? Larger wheels?

OP
OP
Gvsukids

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Are you running all OEM control arms? Do you have a lift? Larger wheels?
Yes, OEM control arms. Just a small spacer lift in front and 33" tires.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Check your torques on all of the suspension and steering components. Track bar, ball joints, tie rod, control arms, shock mounts, Pittman arm.
If you can, have someone work the steering back and forth on level ground in park while you inspect the components for play.
Also check the steering stabilizer.
I've seen a number of posts about the stock ones going bad pretty quickly.
Check rear components too.
Swaybar hangers, etc.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for posting, I feel like I'm hearing some of the same noises and was wondering if it might be binding or something loose. The truck is driving and steering like normal, but obviously don't like the noises. I may take a trip to the dealer this week to help figure it out

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
un bolt your sway bar (just to remove it from being a possibility) if one of the spherical joints dryed out i could see it making a pop

i can't decide if the noise matches the noise i had.

one of my front shocks would make a pop like that. granted it was 2.5 inch lift on stock length shocks but i had new ones on the way so i wasnt worried about it. when i took the shocks off to compress them they would have a bind before compressing you could feel it in them and would make a light pop when hitting a bump but not driving.

Not2Late

First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2017 Jeep JK
Occupation
Education
From your profile, I think you have a different trim than mine. But, what I did might work for you. I was getting a creaking noise (worse when colder) from my suspention. After searching the forums, I found others that suggested it was the tight seals on the fox shocks. The solution was to jack each end up (one at a time) thereby letting the shocks extend out as the axles dropped. I then cleaned off the exposed rods and used a paste silicone luricant on them. When I put the jeep back down, the shafts extended back into the shocks thereby distributing the silicone. The noise went away! You might want to give it a try with whatever shocks you have. Not much involved except a little time.

Last edited:

RunTheRace

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.navigators.org
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Military AV8R; Retired Airline A&P; Retired FAA ASI
[15 months later, with my response] ... My Fox shocks on my '21 Mojave are getting replaced under warranty. They are creakin' like an ol' '57 truck that hasn't been lubed on schedule.
Sponsored