Dana or Ukon for a regear?

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
excuse me if I missed it, but why can’t one find any break in procedures for Dana Spicer? I can find them for every other company, but nothing for D/S. I just re geared to 5.13’s and I'm following the procedure set forth by Revolution gears.
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Do NOT use Yukon Gear & Axle to regear unless you want to do it again in 10k miles

OP
OP
Gshane

Gshane

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Pastor
excuse me if I missed it, but why can’t one find any break in procedures for Dana Spicer? I can find them for every other company, but nothing for D/S. I just re geared to 5.13’s and I'm following the procedure set forth by Revolution gears.
I had Dan 4.88s installed a couple months ago. The shop that did it only does work on Jeeps. They have done 100's of re-gears and the break we did was 3 rounds on driving for 15-20 minutes then letting the gears cool for 45 minutes. After that I drove 500 miles not going over 60mph and not gunning it or driving aggressive. After than we changed the oil and seals. I was able to see all the gears/teeth when he drained the oil and they looked perfect . We checked the drained oil and it was just what he was looking for. Since then I've put on around 1k miles and it drives amazing. So that's how I broke my Dana's in. Hope that helps a bit.

Reactions: Len

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting my Sport regeard soon. There's a very reputable off road shop a couple hours from me that's doing the work. The have done many Gladis and really love Ukon and have had no complaints for anyone. They are happy to Dana's but they like Ukon better. I've seen many people on these forums say to avoid Ukon. I'm just wondering why that is? Anyone have any advice you can shoot me?
Revolution!!!

Wild thang

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator. 2000 Jeep tj
Occupation
Construction
I have put almost 35,000 miles on my Yukon Gear’s. been to Moab and back.
No issues so far

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I had Dan 4.88s installed a couple months ago. The shop that did it only does work on Jeeps. They have done 100's of re-gears and the break we did was 3 rounds on driving for 15-20 minutes then letting the gears cool for 45 minutes. After that I drove 500 miles not going over 60mph and not gunning it or driving aggressive. After than we changed the oil and seals. I was able to see all the gears/teeth when he drained the oil and they looked perfect . We checked the drained oil and it was just what he was looking for. Since then I've put on around 1k miles and it drives amazing. So that's how I broke my Dana's in. Hope that helps a bit.
Did you do a break in for the front diff or did you just consider the natural turning of the gears good? I heard you should at least put it in 4hi and drive on a dirt road for a bit to get the gears to mate.
Sponsored