Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I do not blame you either. I frequently move on to other things once I have accomplish all I can on the current thing.

Gotta do what makes you happy.
That's one reason I sold (although very reluctantly) my 70 Javelin. My wife asked- if you keep it, what's next with it? You don't seem to drive it much since you did this or that.
Yeah, the thrill of the chase was gone. I'd made it another nationally known car and any next steps would be very expensive, labor intensive, and make it even less likely I'd drive it on the street for fear of it getting dirty.
So I sold it and moved on.
But I bore easily. thus 100 different projects going in multiple places.

The loaner the dealer sent me home with last time almost had me thinking - do I REALLY need a truck? Yeah, but I was thinking...........
Sponsored

OP
OP

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Man, you all are awesome! Did not expect so many kind words.

I thought long and hard on the Gladiator, but realized it was a habit, I could not put down easily, if it was sitting in the garage.

I actually bought a beater and was gonna make that my daily, but you would be surprised how far cars have come in the last 18 years (2005 nissan pathfinder)

Thought about selling the mustang to fund a proper motor build, but the whole family was against that idea, probably rightfully so.

So I reluctantly put my Jeep back to civilian status. That was a tuff couple days as I had put some work into that machine, with no intention of reversing it. Somone got a heck of a deal.

If you all do not mind I will probably hang out and live vicariously amoung you all. I will admit I am probably more street than dirt, but the Jeep way is definitely so.ething that gets in your blood. We still have the 4xe also, soo. Another story for another time, but the wife gave me the green light to do a 4xe swap on the gladiator. After some deep retrospect, I realized that would probably not solve any time issues lol!

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Hey guys I know these are never the most popular posts. I apologize ahead of time to those I let down.

I really do love the Gladiator platform. I do think there is room for improvement, but it ain't bad. At one time I thought this would be a LONG term vehicle.

My Gladiator was A daily and it was put to work everyday, somedays were easier than others and that is partially my fault, no doubt.

At the end of the day, my situation is a product of my own enthusiasm. I really loved the Gladiator with the Magnuson SC installed, and my tinkering controlling things. I really did have Ram usability and the fun of a Jeep!

I wanted to share my accomplishment with the Jeep world, and I have. It was great meeting everyone and making a positive difference to the platform.

Ultimately my jeep became my primary testing platform for all kinds of ideas pertaining to engine modifications and types of superchargers. While fun for me this became a big time sync, and I spent many sleepless nights, vacations, and time away from my family, nailing stuff down, and even a couple days disabling the kid transport (not a popular thing)

Anyway all that said, during some testing I damaged my motor. This was unexpected. Luckily the company I was assisting, helped me get a new engine to replace the damaged one.

While assembling my jeep back to New, I made the decision I needed to focus on family time, and up time, with that being said, I started looking at alternative rides that would not prompt me to engineer solutions.

Hats off to the Ole girl
20221007_133458.jpg

I was looking at a SRT Hellcat versions of the Durango, but ultimately ended up with a great compromise that I am loving. #19 of 250 Mopar edition 2022 Durango. Basically the Hellcat drivetrain with a tuned 5.7L. Right up my alley. I am loving a 7 passenger muscle car. The Jeep was one cool truck, but I am having a ball driving hard on the pavement in this one

20221205_082625.jpg
20221205_082636.jpg

I am still here to help, but no longer in a jeep all.
Hey Dave…was looking back in your post history to see about the wheels on “ole girl,” but didn’t see any. What are those?

OP
OP

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
KMC Roswells with Klever 35x10.5x17s. Those were the quietest, smoothest riding, 35s I have ever come across. In the Midwest they were awesome on muddy roads.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
I always loved your posts, have wanted to supercharge my last 4Runner and Tundra, and reading your stuff in the good days it was finally going to be the Gladiator ha! You served this community well sir! Of course, now I'm a bit less enthusiastic about the SC after reading your final posts there. Still love the idea of it, but well we all know how it played out in your world, and your support was a big part of wanting one.

Enjoy the new ride!!

Sponsored

vmiaptetr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 20 Expy Max, 96 Viper GTS
Ya know, you could come join me on the mud forum. I just picked up a Land Cruiser that I’m currently tinkering with. Definitely don’t have to worry about GPEC5 support. 🤣

misplacetexan

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Billet Silver Sport S/Max Tow Package
Occupation
Law enforcement
Thank you for your assistance with my Magnuson Supercharger. 20K (plus) miles on the supercharger and 63K miles on the Gladiator. When my 3.6l engine goes or The JT hits 200K, thinking of installing a 5.7l engine.

OP
OP

DAVECS2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for your assistance with my Magnuson Supercharger. 20K (plus) miles on the supercharger and 63K miles on the Gladiator. When my 3.6l engine goes or The JT hits 200K, thinking of installing a 5.7l engine.
I like that idea. The 5.7L is probably the most reliable engine from chrysler bin. I like the 6.4L and 6.2L for sure, but the 5.7L offers alot of the good V8 stuff while keeping things at levels that make it easy for things to survive.

I have done my best to make the 3.6L to survive at elevated power levels. That works well until the foundation gets rearranged. The Jeep is a pretty decent vehicle with the supercharger on it.

Tbanks

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Hey guys I know these are never the most popular posts. I apologize ahead of time to those I let down.

I really do love the Gladiator platform. I do think there is room for improvement, but it ain't bad. At one time I thought this would be a LONG term vehicle.

My Gladiator was A daily and it was put to work everyday, somedays were easier than others and that is partially my fault, no doubt.

At the end of the day, my situation is a product of my own enthusiasm. I really loved the Gladiator with the Magnuson SC installed, and my tinkering controlling things. I really did have Ram usability and the fun of a Jeep!

I wanted to share my accomplishment with the Jeep world, and I have. It was great meeting everyone and making a positive difference to the platform.

Ultimately my jeep became my primary testing platform for all kinds of ideas pertaining to engine modifications and types of superchargers. While fun for me this became a big time sync, and I spent many sleepless nights, vacations, and time away from my family, nailing stuff down, and even a couple days disabling the kid transport (not a popular thing)

Anyway all that said, during some testing I damaged my motor. This was unexpected. Luckily the company I was assisting, helped me get a new engine to replace the damaged one.

While assembling my jeep back to New, I made the decision I needed to focus on family time, and up time, with that being said, I started looking at alternative rides that would not prompt me to engineer solutions.

Hats off to the Ole girl
20221007_133458.jpg

I was looking at a SRT Hellcat versions of the Durango, but ultimately ended up with a great compromise that I am loving. #19 of 250 Mopar edition 2022 Durango. Basically the Hellcat drivetrain with a tuned 5.7L. Right up my alley. I am loving a 7 passenger muscle car. The Jeep was one cool truck, but I am having a ball driving hard on the pavement in this one

20221205_082625.jpg
20221205_082636.jpg

Dave you're a legend. You were always so helpful no matter what when It came to my Magnuson Supercharger install. I'm currently getting my motor built with forged internals so I can boost more. If you know anyone else who can help with a tune once I get the jeep back. It would be great. Thanks again for all your help. Family is always first.

Tyler

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74

Hats off to the Ole girl
20221007_133458.jpg

20221205_082625.jpg
20221205_082636.jpg

Looks like you have the Tow N Go package. Very sweet ride! I had my eyes on those before I ordered my JT.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
The 5.7L is probably the most reliable engine from chrysler bin. I like the 6.4L and 6.2L for sure, but the 5.7L offers alot of the good V8 stuff while keeping things at levels that make it easy for things to survive.
Agreed!
Sponsored