Sponsored

Daystar 1.5” leveling kit out of stock. Similar options?

OP
OP
Kirk_Dirksen

Kirk_Dirksen

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Alright,

Getting down to brass tacks here. Someone dumb it down for me.

What are the differences between this kit: Rubicon Express
And this one: Rough Country (without the shocks)

Use small words and speak slowly lol I’m seeing better quality but what other advantages to the higher priced RE lift?
Sponsored

Smurf me

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Contract operator
I used the rancho 1.5" leveling kit with rs 9000 shocks, quadratec wheels 41 in gun metal color with a set of 285 75 wildpeak 3s. Have the 3/4 spacer for rear if needed

Georgia Jeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Insurance
Since we are on the topic, what are the groups thoughts on the Rough Country 2.5” leveling kit?

Too much lift for a spacer? The price is tempting...but is the quality shoddy?
I have this leveling kit. The quality is really good. The spacers are nice and solid, and everything went together really nice. If I had a complaint, it would be that sometimes I feel like it makes the truck look a little nose high. Sometimes I feel like it looks level, and sometimes I feel like it looks nose high. It measures exactly the same height front to back from the bottom of the truck to the ground, but the gap between the fender flares and the tires measures bigger in the front than the rear. I think this is what gives the illusion that it is nose high. I may install 3/4 spacers in the rear one of these days. Edited to add that I also installed Rubicon suspension front and back at the same time I installed the Rough Country leveling kit.

20201121_112952_HDR.jpg

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I also have the RC 2.5" kit without shocks. I swapped out a Teraflex 1.5 because the nose dropped a little after a winch and bumper. I have Daystar 3/4" spacers in the rear.
I feel it would be nose high if I didn't have the winch in the front and the spacers in the rear.
I have had it off road a few times and so far I have had no problems. I threw on some Mopar 2" lift front lower control arms to gain a little caster back. $60.
I do not like the looks of the Rubicon Express swaybar drop. Little spacers to put under the sway bar? Looks like an odd way to do it rather than providing longer links like the RC kit does.
I have a 2020 Rubicon on 37's. Rides great, no rubbing.
Jeep Gladiator Daystar 1.5” leveling kit out of stock. Similar options? jtslab2

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
I also have the RC 2.5" kit without shocks. I swapped out a Teraflex 1.5 because the nose dropped a little after a winch and bumper. I have Daystar 3/4" spacers in the rear.
I feel it would be nose high if I didn't have the winch in the front and the spacers in the rear.
I have had it off road a few times and so far I have had no problems. I threw on some Mopar 2" lift front lower control arms to gain a little caster back. $60.
I do not like the looks of the Rubicon Express swaybar drop. Little spacers to put under the sway bar? Looks like an odd way to do it rather than providing longer links like the RC kit does.
I have a 2020 Rubicon on 37's. Rides great, no rubbing.
Jeep Gladiator Daystar 1.5” leveling kit out of stock. Similar options? jtslab2
Hey, I’ve been looking for similar kits. Your set-up looks great.
Couple questions, did you use shock extensions, or longer shocks?
And where did you find the mopar control arms? I’ve done a couple searches, no luck. Thanks

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Cool! Do you feel the longer arms helped?
thanks for the link!
Yes, I can tell the difference, especially on roads heavily rutted by big trucks.

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Paramedic
Well, after lots of debate (with myself). I decided to just go with a 1.5” level kit . Went with Alloy kit, same as the Daystar. Very simple to install, took about 2.5 hrs, and no skinned knuckles. It did exactly what I want for now, just to take the deep rake out of the stance of the truck, and it does it perfectly! Looks level, the rear still measures about a 1/2“ higher at the rock rails, but looks great. Down the road , I’ll get 35’s then lift it a bit more.

I’ll say that all that unbolting, and loosening of stuff just wasn’t necessary. All I did was jack the frame up on one side at a time, placed a big jack stand, removed the wheel, lower shock mount, lower sway bar link, brake line clamp and a couple plastic retainers, and slowly lowered the axle with a jack. Super easy, plenty of droop, did shoot a little spray silicone on the various bushings. Honestly the most difficult part was humping the big ass Falken tires back on.
Oh, and it drives great, just like the day before I installed the kit! The steering wheel is straight, no bumps, rattles, or shakes.

Here some pics of the install and results.
Jeep Gladiator Daystar 1.5” leveling kit out of stock. Similar options? C4A6F3C2-59FF-4D52-AC6F-55EB80D3BCCB
Jeep Gladiator Daystar 1.5” leveling kit out of stock. Similar options? 678FD444-1AC0-4FEF-AFA4-501C245F72AB
Jeep Gladiator Daystar 1.5” leveling kit out of stock. Similar options? 40EEA000-B50A-4AAC-AF1E-F108C58A1354
Jeep Gladiator Daystar 1.5” leveling kit out of stock. Similar options? 423C740F-3C75-4742-9BAA-E3159190DA46
Jeep Gladiator Daystar 1.5” leveling kit out of stock. Similar options? 22E4653D-DB5D-4252-8523-A5EFA279D0E1

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I have this 1.5 daystar level new in box. I bought a 3/4 spacer and this kit to decide which to add when I did my mopar suspension. I only needed the 3/4, so i have a new in box daystar kit if you dont want to wait. $90 (what i paid) plus shipping
If nobody else claims this, where in ‘Bama are you? I’m in Huntsville, and can meet up maybe... if not too far...

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
to bad you are not local, I just pulled my 2.5" off and it is sitting in my garage. I'm tired of looking at it. Its from Rough Country and I think it was about $130? It did fine with 34" tires, only rubbing at full flex and max turn, with stock wheels. I'm on a 4.5" lift now with a nice wheel offset and 37's (honestly 36.5's) and much happier.
Sponsored