Dead Gladiator and Poor roadside assist

rblain

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Took a trip to Lowes in my 2021 Gladiator Sport S, came out and no start said " no key fob found". I did a search on line and found if I disconnect the main and the aux battery it would reset things. I tried that and it started up but 1/2 way home it shut off in middle of the street and a busy street as it is. All kinds of lights flashing, windshield wipers started going it was like it was possessed. Took me a good 20 min to get it in nutrual by pulling the lanyard under the shifter and push it out of the way. Had to call from my cell phone for Jeep roadside assist as the SOS and Assist button did not work, I made the call at 11am it is now 6:41 PM and still no show from the tow driver. Jeep called a second driver around 4:30 and he still hasn't shown up. This truck is a month old and just at 1200 miles. I am beyond furious I had the roof and doors off, I called a friend to go get them and bring them over so I could put them on. Oh and did I mention that this happen in Chester PA ( I have to drive through there to get to Lowes). I have had Jeeps all my life and never was left sitting on the side of the road like this, yet alone the customer service or lack their of. Sorry guys just had to vent. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
If it says no fob found, did you try using the end of the fob itself to press the start button?

OP
OP
rblain

rblain

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I tried that and also had someone bring me another fob and new battery for the old fob. Even if that was the issue the truck is a month old I special ordered it so it was only made on 4/15

AXG1040

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave
I saw a post about this before from another member. They were able to start via the Unconnect App and the issue did not come back. The other member could not start via the start button or using the fob to push the button. Almost as if it loses connectivity with the fob.

OP
OP
rblain

rblain

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
unfortunately that didn't work I tried. I had the doors off so it wouldn't start from the app

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
unfortunately that didn't work I tried. I had the doors off so it wouldn't start from the app
With the doors off, did you press lock on the fob before walking away? If it doesn’t recognize the key, it my be in an alarm/armed state.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
On the JL, because I own one, most of us with locking rear storage hit the lock button because it locks the tailgate and arms the alarm. I would figure the tailgate locks on the JT too—should have my JT this week.

OP
OP
rblain

rblain

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I did that but it is a complete electrical failure at this point, not to mention it's been over 7 hours waiting for road side assist to tow it to the dealer

OP
OP
rblain

rblain

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to mention the first tow company Jeep roadside service sent is very sketchy, looked them up on line to see they have a F350 with a tow bar not even a proper tow company. Don't then verify the companies they use?

Sponsored

deuce

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Marine Engineer
Yes I did that but it is a complete electrical failure at this point, not to mention it's been over 7 hours waiting for road side assist to tow it to the dealer
We had the same thing happen to our new '18 JLK Rubicon. It was the fusible link that had fried. It is under the main fuse block. The dealer in Bakersfield ended up getting permission to take one off a customers Jeep rather than wait a day to get one shipped up from L.A. They had to replace the smaller start battery also. It ran great after that. No more issues.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
On the JL, because I own one, most of us with locking rear storage hit the lock button because it locks the tailgate and arms the alarm. I would figure the tailgate locks on the JT too—should have my JT this week.
Yep, arming the locks will lock the tailgate on the JT.

doc-ketamine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Not to mention the first tow company Jeep roadside service sent is very sketchy, looked them up on line to see they have a F350 with a tow bar not even a proper tow company. Don't then verify the companies they use?
Not always. The first and second company sent to me by Jeep OnStar Roadside Assistance etc, when I was rear-ended on a highway, were not legally allowed to recover vehicles from the highway. I was receiving phone calls all day from tow companies (long after my vehicle was back in my driveway).

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
The number of electrical problems that leave people stranded are concerning. The ess battery, fuses, this link.... I'll be watching threads, hopefully all the guys here start figuring out or hear about work arounds or at least tricks, tools, some kit... for how to at least get the truck home

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
You are MUCH more patient than I am.... after an hour or so I'd have called my own tow truck, paid the $100, and deal with Jeep (Dealer or Corporate, whatever it took once they got my truck fixed) later for it to make me whole.

Let us know what the problem was, sucks it happened!!!
Sponsored